Truck Safe

My truck was broken into recently at an Airport park and ride. The a-holes busted out my rear passenger door window after they could not pry open the doors or the glass. They scratched the crap out of my paint and some interior pieces.  I got the lots insurance to pay for everything at the tune of $2300 in body work but I am having to drive a Dodge Ram for the 6 days it is in the shop. I should get pain and suffering.:) 

The cops said the crooks were looking for guns and hit 8 trucks that night. Many had gun stickers on them though mine did not but had mud and a wildlife tag. I am looking for safe to put in my truck now. I don't like the console safes because they seem to take up the whole console.  I can't do a full under the rear seat safe because I have the kicker sub under the passenger seat.  I am looking at something like a Bulldog car safe but wanted to see if anyone had anything better. 

41LfHKgrQwL.jpg

My truck was broken into recently at an Airport park and ride. The a-holes busted out my rear passenger door window after they could not pry open the doors or the glass. They scratched the crap out of my paint and some interior pieces.  I got the lots insurance to pay for everything at the tune of $2300 in body work but I am having to drive a Dodge Ram for the 6 days it is in the shop. I should get pain and suffering.[emoji4] 

The cops said the crooks were looking for guns and hit 8 trucks that night. Many had gun stickers on them though mine did not but had mud and a wildlife tag. I am looking for safe to put in my truck now. I don't like the console safes because they seem to take up the whole console.  I can't do a full under the rear seat safe because I have the kicker sub under the passenger seat.  I am looking at something like a Bulldog car safe but wanted to see if anyone had anything better. 
41LfHKgrQwL.jpg

I’m very sorry to hear that happened to your truck. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but..... https://www.conceal-pro.net/ Look at this website and please let me know what you think! Seen them on Facebook and thought the stuff they made were pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally would never leave my firearm inside the truck, especially overnight in a "parked" area.  Very interesting note that these criminals look for gun stickers on trucks....guess my NRA plate makes me a target.   

The safe won't stop thieves from breaking into your car to have a look.  It is unfortunate that the park and ride didn't have security to be alerted by your truck's alarm system.  I have a friend whose car was regularly broken into  it in her buildings' parkade.   She started leaving her car unlocked with some spare change in the cup holder....  (This solution is not for me,  but it has saved her several hundreds of dollars in repairs!)

Most of the safes you can get wouldn't be good to leave overnight or long strings of unattended parking. There are multiple companies that make lockable bed storage areas for this that would be more secure, just make sure the lock isn't easily bumped.

Personally I never leave a weapon in my truck overnight. Most I'll leave it is in the truck when I'm getting food or something, and then it's normally hidden. It's not hard to bring a rifle/handgun to your truck daily if you are carrying it there and just bring it home at night.

They hit 8 trucks that night at this lot and others. They must have hit pretty fast because they rummaged in my console but not the glove box. They stole about $23. 

I am looking for the safe to be somewhere I can hide it if I need to leave something in the truck. Leaving a gun overnight or while on a trip is not ideal but sometimes you have to stop in a shadier part of Atlanta before the airport so having a gun is a good thing. 

17 hours ago, chrispassas21 said:

I’m very sorry to hear that happened to your truck. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but..... https://www.conceal-pro.net/ Look at this website and please let me know what you think! Seen them on Facebook and thought the stuff they made were pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seat vault is very cool. 

Wish the vault under the back seat was shorter. I may ask them for a custom one. 

I used this console safe.. Out of sight, bolts down into the console bolt areas through the bottom and I can quickly put the gun up or out as needed. This is for the Yukon but fits Sierra/Silverado so you can keep your light/ pen holder.

http://www.lockerdown.com/i-26-console-safe-2015-2018-chevrolet-suburban-tahoe-gmc-yukon-model-ld2042.html?ref=category:3

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived