exhaust on a budget

So what seems to be the better option...deleting the stock muffler or both the stock muffler and flapper?  Which causes more drone chop?  Are they both going to result in the same noise increase?

If I do either of them and dont like it can a shop return it to stock easily or will there be a noticeable change in tune when returned to stock?
If you think you might not like it and might want to go back to stock I suggest cutting both flapper and muffler together. There's hardly any room for error if the shop cuts them individually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So what seems to be the better option...deleting the stock muffler or both the stock muffler and flapper?  Which causes more drone chop?  Are they both going to result in the same noise increase?

If I do either of them and dont like it can a shop return it to stock easily or will there be a noticeable change in tune when returned to stock?
I left the valve and resonator and just replaced the muffler with a Magnaflow. No drone at all.. Kinda quiet though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 10/22/2017 at 8:30 PM, tag98 said:

looking to make my 5.3 significantly louder than stock without going to straight pipes or muffler deleting. I've looked at the flow master 10 but am concerned about longevity. another other suggestions for louder sub 200$ mufflers? also most likely going to have the exhaust dump after the axel but considering a turndown right after the muffler, which one would be better?

Not sure if you gotten a answer but i am rocking a flowmaster super 44 with a turn down over the axle. With the exhaust flap kept open.

price

jcwhitly (spelling) get there 20% off deal and took $18 off.

muffler shop was $120 ($60 for removal of res and muffler) at the time i had stock exit.

Sound, almost stock at idle and cruising and and very little drone, but it doesn’t seem to bother any of my passangers. In fact a family member of mine who hates loud exhausts loves the chevy.

Archived