Tuner which allows me to control CEL codes

I have a 2008 Z71 2wd Crew Cab 5.3 flex fuel Silverado, 103000 miles 4L60/70E transmission. I want a tuner, programmer etc where i can decide which check engine light DTC's will turn the CEL on.

Is there such a tuner/programmer available?

I have a few DTCs that wont go away, and I have disconnected battery and replaced all parts the dealership said were causing said DTC. No time to keep playing with this, I would rather just turn them off, and monitor vehicle myself.

Hmm, When I retune my older car, I have the capability to check the code/dtc to not to monitor or allow it to cause check engine. Granted this is for a 93 Corvette. But it is in the tune parameters. For example, if I were to delete the rear O2 sensors, or an EGR, I can put a check next to the EGR code or rear O2 sensors, and they will not trigger the check engine light.

I used TTS Datamaster for it.

I was hoping a tuner had software where you can tune out CEL.

It's possible that HPTUNERS or EFILive have this capability, I don't know.  But they are not basic programmers/scanners.  They are much more powerful and expensive laptop based programs.   It might be worth talking to a local tuning shop to see if their software can accomplish what you're looking to do.

Hptuners does and you can easily do it yourself that is one of the simplest things to do. You can pick the specific code or codes and disable it from triggering a CEL.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Archived