Anyone add ambient light to rear seats

I want to add an ambient overhead light in the rear like the front sears have in overhead console. Also want to match the front door handle back lighting in the rear. Anyone know of small LED that match the factory color?

I’m interested to see what you come up with.  Mounting to the roof is always a problem.  Even vehicle manufacturers struggle with this.  Often enough, they are using structural adhesives to attach brackets to support things like lights and entertainment systems to the roof. 

Another option is to mount to the B pillar cover.

I would like to put a small LED in the middle of the rear reading light/dome light.

Find the dimmest 12v led that matches the color profile, solder on a connection to the front ambient lighting, run a wire to the rear and figure out a nice way to hide it. Try suerbrightleds.com. There’s not going to be a plug and play way to do this.

Also be careful of glare in the rear view mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just curious what the purpose of the lights are?  is it just for ambient light or is it for actually being able to see/read things?

could you just pickup the ceiling lights that are in the back of a crew cab and put them in?

i added footwell lighting under the rear of my front seats that light up the floor of the back of the crew cab when the doors are open.

i also added a light in the back cubby of the center console that is on when the truck is on.  it adds a little floor lighting at night....

IMG_5858.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5867.JPG

I have a crew cab and just like the ambient light over the center console it is enough light to see what I am looking for.  I wanted the rear to match the front with a little light.  I like the light in the center console cubby idea.  What LED did you use?

59 minutes ago, Payton34 said:

I have a crew cab and just like the ambient light over the center console it is enough light to see what I am looking for.  I wanted the rear to match the front with a little light.  I like the light in the center console cubby idea.  What LED did you use?

i used the smallest "bolt" light that oznium sells - 6mm with NO lens (in blue to match all the other blue lighting in my truck)

https://www.oznium.com/led-bolt

^^these will likely be too bright to match the front light.  the little light in the front console is crazy small and barely puts out any light at all and i know the bolts are not dim-able

i just drilled drilled a small hole for the light to fit thru. 

IMG_5857.JPG

the little LED you are referring to up front is what is illuminated in the back ground of the this pic

IMG_1909.JPG

Archived