LED lights wired for parking and turn signal possible?

I ordered some round led grommet lights led I want to install on my running boards. The lights only have 2 wires black and white. Can I run both to the front lights and wire one to turn and one to parking. Or am just going to have to settle for parking only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lights need power and ground. So they can only function one way. Are you wanting to run them as DRLs then Flash when Turn Signal is applied?

I was looking to have them kick on when the auto lights kick on at night. And if it was possible to blink with Turn signal. I don’t think that’s gonna workout with only 2 wires.

2 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I was looking to have them kick on when the auto lights kick on at night. And if it was possible to blink with Turn signal. I don’t think that’s gonna workout with only 2 wires.

There actually is a way to accomplish this.  By hooking the positive lead to the positive parking light wire and then hooking your negative lead to the positive turn signal wire.  When not on the turn signal wire will rest at ground which will then allow the lights to work with the parking lights.  And then when the turn signals are activated as the wire goes to positive it will turn off the lights when the turn signal flashes.  So this will accomplish what you're wanting.  The only odd part will be that your new led's will actually flash opposite of your turn signals.  Hope this makes sense.  

I was theorizing on this functionality and think it can be accomplished with a 5-pin relay (NO/NC) relay.

NC close tied to the park Lamp circuit and NO triggered by the Signal.

There actually is a way to accomplish this.  By hooking the positive lead to the positive parking light wire and then hooking your negative lead to the positive turn signal wire.  When not on the turn signal wire will rest at ground which will then allow the lights to work with the parking lights.  And then when the turn signals are activated as the wire goes to positive it will turn off the lights when the turn signal flashes.  So this will accomplish what you're wanting.  The only odd part will be that your new led's will actually flash opposite of your turn signals.  Hope this makes sense.  

Yes that makes sense and that might look a little goofy lol.

I was theorizing on this functionality and think it can be accomplished with a 5-pin relay (NO/NC) relay.

NC close tied to the park Lamp circuit and NO triggered by the Signal.

That may work also good point I couldn’t find small enough lights to fit neatly on the face of the running boards with the 3 wire setup.

deepblue method will work, the problem is the light will get   its ground going through the filiment of the bulb and might drop the voltage down and make the lights dim. pgambo method is the better way to go but the lights will still flash opposite of each other

Since the turn signals are separate circuits and acting as the trigger to each relay, wouldn’t it only trigger that relay to open the circuit for the side that is signaling?

• 2 weeks later...

Might be late but you could also run a dual converter there's a few options from custom dynamics, I've ran them on my softail for tail lights/signals out of a single function led. Even at 30% brightness for the constant running light they were plenty bright at night. They'd also blink with the rest of the lights instead of opposite.

Archived