Auto fold mirrors

mct

Does anyone have difficulty with the auto fold mirrors?  I just got a 2017 denali ultimate.  I have turned on the mirror autofold setting in the settings menu.  However, it does the task unreliably at best.  I have set it to off then back to on a few times but it usually does not work.

Is there a trick or do I need a dealer visit?  

Does anyone have difficulty with the auto fold mirrors?  I just got a 2017 denali ultimate.  I have turned on the mirror autofold setting in the settings menu.  However, it does the task unreliably at best.  I have set it to off then back to on a few times but it usually does not work.

Is there a trick or do I need a dealer visit?  

Mine works great 100% of the time. You holding down the lock button on the fob?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

this is one of the things I think is kinda weird on our trucks.  Auto folding mirrors aren't actually "auto".  You do have to hold the lock button as others have said.  Not what I'd call "auto".  A buddy of mine actually just hits the folding button on the door as he turns his truck off.  Such a habit for him that he doesn't even think about it anymore. When I saw that a couple months ago, before I got my truck, I thought the truck was doing it automatically.

• Like 1

For us lower trim trucks (LT/SLE and lower) we don’t have that option. So with the help of @alexantics supplying me the after market fold module, this function Is true “Auto Folding”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM calling them "auto-folding" is a misnomer. I was confused at first too, trying to figure out how they "auto-fold." Whether it's when you shut the ignition off or shift to park or what. Turns out you have to cycle the "auto" mirrors either with the button on the drivers door or with the key fob. :sigh:

I think we have different ways to use the term automatic.  If you use a definition like "(of a device or process) working by itself with little or no direct human control."   then pushing a button to fold or unfold your mirrors is truly automatic.  Your transmission is referred to as automatic even though you have to shift it into gear.  Maybe "remote" would be a better way to describe folding mirrors with a key fob.  I think it would be annoying and unnecessary  to have my mirrors fold with the opening and closing of my door.  I seldom park in a manner where I would need to fold my mirrors and my manual mirrors fold effortlessly on such occasions.

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

I think we have different ways to use the term automatic.  If you use a definition like "(of a device or process) working by itself with little or no direct human control."   then pushing a button to fold or unfold your mirrors is truly automatic.  Your transmission is referred to as automatic even though you have to shift it into gear.  Maybe "remote" would be a better way to describe folding mirrors with a key fob.  I think it would be annoying and unnecessary  to have my mirrors fold with the opening and closing of my door.  I seldom park in a manner where I would need to fold my mirrors and my manual mirrors fold effortlessly on such occasions.

It's a nice feature. I use it out of habit every time I park. The process has become "automatic".

• Like 2

I was confused when I first got my 2015 too. My old truck, a 2007 Silverado NNBS had auto-fold mirrors, and when on, you just had to put it in park, and they fold. Never had to push anything on the fob. For the longest time, I thought mine were broke when they wouldn't auto-fold. Didn't know you now had to push a button to do it.

I am not.  I am just turningoff the vehicle then hitting the lock button once as a fast press.... so I need to hold it?
Yeah dude you gotta hold it a couple secs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk