6" Lift and handling issues

Hey guys,

I have a 2006 Suburban LT with a 6" lift installed and 295/70R17 tires.  We bought several years ago with the lift installed.  It's a nice truck but it is a chore to drive.  It doesn't handle very well and we have to take turns on the slow side since it leans alot.  The factory sway bars are connected..  When there are bumps in the road it seems like the tires bounce make us the drivers have to make corrections to keep it on the road.  Not sure what to call it but when the road has been traveled a great deal and the asphalt has tire ruts, but it seems like the road steers the truck and there is an awful lot of continual steering correction to keep it going straight.  I am comparing the drivability to our cars.  I know the lift isn't a great lift.  Who ever lifted it did it for cosmetics not for off roading.  I recently had new tires installed with an alignment done with some repair work so I know everything is in order.  The truck drives great cruzing down the highway or town driving but if there are hard bumps or asphalt ruts the truck isn't enjoyable to drive.  Recently I was thinking about upgrading the front and rear sway bars to improve driving while turning to reduce the truck leaning.  Would better shocks help keep the tires on the road when driving over hard bumps.  For example railroad tracks we better slow down compared to the car.  Some of the roads are in need of repair out where we live and hitting pot holes better have both hands on the steering wheel.  In the car no problem.  I sure would like to improve the road handling in the truck.  Any suggestions would be nice

Tightening them will at least stiffen up the front

Edit: you may have bad shocks; could be over extending on lifts and hits

Something in your steering linkage could be loose or worn.

Possible tie rods.

Hard to say without putting it on a lift

Archived