16-17 crew cab sub box question

Im looking to put a sub in my 17 crew and was looking at a single 10 .this is the box I'm looking at and wondering if the 16-17 was the same in regards to the back seat shape and size.  this it the box I'm looking at for my application https://www.amazon.com/Silverado-Sierra-Subwoofer-Enclosure-2014-2016/dp/B00P234REU/ref=pd_sbs_107_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W5EH9B2R1TWNPRHF06DM#Ask

1 hour ago, Matash said:

Im looking to put a sub in my 17 crew and was looking at a single 10 .this is the box I'm looking at and wondering if the 16-17 was the same in regards to the back seat shape and size.  this it the box I'm looking at for my application https://www.amazon.com/Silverado-Sierra-Subwoofer-Enclosure-2014-2016/dp/B00P234REU/ref=pd_sbs_107_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W5EH9B2R1TWNPRHF06DM#Ask

It's going to be the same size seat. Notice many reviewers said the cone hits the floor and they had to prop one side up. 

I ordered a box from subthump.com for my jl audio 13tw5 and it fit perfect.. I did purchase a grill cover for the sub as well just to make sure nothing accidentally slide under the box. The only thing I would change is the corner of the box is not rounded like the seat corner but that would take some customization beyond having a normal box build. I had them build it for passenger side and carpeted as well. So far it has been great after about a year of usage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

austingta I saw that in the comments. I'm not going to get anything with a crazy excursion . thanks for the seat info..

GMC-sd-ult-16 ill check out the site in just a second thanks .

On 10/29/2017 at 6:27 PM, cbrsilv15 said:

IMO get the sub first and then purchase/build the box to the sub specs. 

Excellent advice IMO. 

I recently built this enclosure for a friends 2017 (built to specs from 13mm Baltic birch for 3 JL Audio 12tw3's and upholstered in black suede) and I prefer to up fire in order to prevent pre loading from the cone being too close to the floor. Gives a nice butt massage for the rear passengers but he didn't care about that  as this one sounds way better than the generic down firing design he had in his previous truck.

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

10 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

f41a3b56ba92f15ce9f2876e1bb84216.jpg

3881e6e4a69527d2c3249cb5f474089a.jpg

7d77eafc174f10c38ccc9c601fcf1ca3.jpg

ca739e4d996af45577d89506271c3215.jpg

Not the top of the line sub, but I built the ported box to the subs specs and it sounds awesome. Around 1.3cf and somewhere in the 22hz range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a beauty and the best part is that it sounds great! :)

Thanks. I don’t think it turned out too bad for my first attempt. Lol. I just used some 2x4 and cut some legs and carpeted them to get the sub off the floor. Everything inside was all rounded over with a router as well for the airflow. 

That's one heck of a nice job especially for a first attempt :) and goes to show its not just about the sub rather it also needs to be in the proper size enclosure to perform at its best!

On 10/29/2017 at 2:50 PM, GMC_SD_Ult_16 said:

I ordered a box from subthump.com for my jl audio 13tw5 and it fit perfect.. I did purchase a grill cover for the sub as well just to make sure nothing accidentally slide under the box. The only thing I would change is the corner of the box is not rounded like the seat corner but that would take some customization beyond having a normal box build. I had them build it for passenger side and carpeted as well. So far it has been great after about a year of usage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

+1 for subthump - building your own is great, if you have the proper time/resources/skills - if you don't, subthump is the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Those are some nice installs !!!    vcbrsilv15    what part of ohio are you in  might need you to build me a box lol                  my mom lives in Ohio

36 minutes ago, Matash said:

Those are some nice installs !!!    vcbrsilv15    what part of ohio are you in  might need you to build me a box lol                  my mom lives in Ohio

Lol, I’m in Akron. It was my first box. I might dabble with it again and get a 10” woofer in my wife’s car. The sub is already sitting in the basement......

Take a shot at it. I just did some research on tuning and box building. Car audio fabrication on YouTube does an awesome job building boxes. Worst case scenario you’re out $100, but you definitely learned something. 

Archived