Alright, so this week while at the dealer for warranty work someone stole my wheels and tires and scratched the truck up some.

Dealer will be touching up all of the chips/scratches. 

The truck had 18" LT wheels and Goodyear RSA tires. The tires were just acceptable in dry traction and a little mushy when hauling heavy in the bed/towing. They were god awful in rain and I haven't driven them in snow yet. I want to upgrade to a tire that will have better wet traction/snow. I want to retain good/quiet ride and also fuel economy as well as better towing. 

Open to all ideas from guys who have replaced tires on their 14-16 trucks. Thanks! 

Falken AT-3 is what I will be switching to when my bridgestones wear out. Lots of people on here use them of Cooper AT3. Both good. 

• Like 1

basically any other all terrain tire will be better than the factory rubber. Personally, I'm a fan of Cooper.

If you have some time to kill, search this forum for "tires" and read threads until you can't see the screen anymore because your eyes are too tired.

I have been a BFG All Terrain fan since the late 70's on 5 different trucks and 1 tahoe...

Current ride is 2016 RCSB with OEM 20/9's and Crappy Goodyears-SRA-275/55/R20's with 7600 miles now..

Next week, going back to BFG's with new KO2's, upsizing to LT285/55/R20's since winter is getting close in midwest.

Two of my buddies run KO2's on 2500 and 1500 crew cabs and love the hanlding and basic quite ride...

I Can't wait..

Cheers---K

• Like 1

I run 275/65/20 Goodyear Duratracs. I love them so far +/- 2,000 miles 

Thanks for the info guys. I had a set of cooper AT3s on a truck when they very first came out but traded it shortly after I installed them. They were great as far as I could tell. I have always been a BFG/Bridgestone fan. Never ever liked one Goodyear tire besides the original "Wrangler" nylon belted that fits stock Jeep Cherokee/wrangler wheels. Don't really need offroad capable tires just something that looks good/great in wet and good in snow. Truck spends most of its time towing on the highway but would see the occasional construction lot/un groomed gravel road. 

Just really don't want to get into a heavy tire with high rolling resistance and kill the great MPG this truck gets.

Looks like the paint repairs will just be a touch up/sand/buff. If they open a full body shop ticket on the truck it will register to Carfax as an incident. Already been down that road and it will be hitting a dealer lot if it has a wreck tagged on the Carfax. Plus, as much as it hate chips/touch ups I would rather not have fresh paint sprayed on a new truck for tiny little chips. 

Michellin  defender ltx m/s. Any lt truck tire will lower mileage I don't care what anyone else says. Compare weights of the tires. 

K02 better than originals but still wear fast.

Duratracs, good heavier tire but annoying on the highway. Very loud. 

Goodyear Duratracs

Bridgestone Dueller Alenza HL

I am always on-road, so this is the tire for me.

Great wet and winter traction. Quiet and good traction all the way around.

I will trash the junk gy sra s before too long here. Tired of driving a surfboard in the rain. I guess I got 13000 white-knuckle miles out of those east German surplus crap tires.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Certainly didn't take long for the BFG KO crowd suggestion when the OP wants quiet, good ride and not a big mpg hit which is exactly what those tires create.

OP, the less aggressive the tire the better the ride and MPG, the more sipes the better ice and hard pack traction, the only thing bigger voided tires are good for are deeper snow traction in many cases (as well as mud) and looks. A tire like the Bridgestone Duele Revo 2 I have heard good things about, the Michelin AT2 is probably the best tire down your alley and the Cooper AT3 are some of the best rated tires as well. Those 3 are excellent choices and should check most boxes.

Tires like the AT3 W, duratrac and other hybrid tires are worse on the road, mpg and noise and handling, though they do great in deeper snow. Good luck with your choice.

Tyler

Thanks again. I exclusively ran Alenza HL plus on my Ram and loved them. Great ride/handling and mpg. Good wet/snow traction (truck was 2WD). I figure maybe a slightly more A/T tire this time around may be proper. 4x4 will likely get me into situations I never got into with my 2WD Ram.  

Was very surprised how awful these tires behaved on wet boat ramps compared to my 2WD Dodge.  The Dodge never slipped a tire up any ramp I ever encountered. First time out with the Chevy I needed to use 4x4 auto to pull the boat up the ramp. 

Talk about white knuckle, I drove about 8 hours in the aftermath of topical storm Nate in the Ohio/NV/Va mountains. I’ve never owned a vehicle that would unhook the rear tires with cruise control on without even downshifting at 70 mph. What an awful tire the stock pieces are. 

Edited by 20165.3Eco

id probably look at a copper or nito at tire. I'm a bfg at fan too. Well up to recently. The last two sets or ko2's ive bought were a real bugger to balance and didn't seem to wear as good as the original at. Duratracs wear like crap and have paper thin sidewalls.. I know two guys that had to have them replaced after just 30k. They get noisy as they wear too. Ive got a set of nito ridge grapplers on my jeep that I'm VERY happy with. even at 34 inch there very smooth and balance out perfectly and aren't enough louder then ko2s to even mention. They are a bit more aggressive tire then a k02 though. Much better in mud and near as good on snow and ice. ive got 20k on this set and they still look like new. After my personal experience id take them hands down over a set of ko2s.

Edited by lloydsmale

Falken AT-3 is what I will be switching to when my bridgestones wear out. Lots of people on here use them of Cooper AT3. Both good. 

I was going to suggest either of these. Owned and liked both. Running the falken atw3 now.

I will say the coopers are quieter overall. Not to say the falkens are loud but at hard brake going down hill they can get loud. Under any normal driving my falkens are as quiet as the coopers are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you paying for the tires or dealer buying them for you? Will they put anything besides SR-A?

If you are buying or have the option, discount tire direct from ebay store has 100 off 400 deal right now.

I got AT3s for way cheaper than any local shop and no tax, free shipping in 2 days.