2017 silverado downshift noise

Anyone have any info on noisy downshifts? 5.3 with 6 speed trans. This thing shifts up like a dream but you can hear a faint clank or pop at every downshift when slowing for a stop. Happens about 50% of the time. If the radio is on, you never notice.  

Took it in to the dealership and they re torqued the leaf suspension per bulletin. Still does it. I got the ol "yeah, my truck shifts weird too. They all do it" from the service writer.

Anyone have success with a tuner fixing shift issues. It honestly sounds like slack in the driveshaft that catches at every downshift.

Anyone have any info on noisy downshifts? 5.3 with 6 speed trans. This thing shifts up like a dream but you can hear a faint clank or pop at every downshift when slowing for a stop. Happens about 50% of the time. If the radio is on, you never notice.  

Took it in to the dealership and they re torqued the leaf suspension per bulletin. Still does it. I got the ol "yeah, my truck shifts weird too. They all do it" from the service writer.

Anyone have success with a tuner fixing shift issues. It honestly sounds like slack in the driveshaft that catches at every downshift.
I have a little noise here and there, but no problems in 120k miles so I'm not worried about it. Just a little slack in the drive train.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yeah i have the same problem with my 2017 5.3 v8 6 speed trans i was thinking of taking it to the dealership but expecting them to say the same as they said to you hoping the tune fixes it. I'm hearing the tune makes the trans feel more smooth so we will see.

Archived