Courtesy car

I was told by Smithtown chevy that they won’t give a courtesy car until they have it for a day and figure out the problem. How does that make sense. I’ve dealt with Nissan and Acura in the past and always received a loaner on the first day. They told me it’s GM policy. Anybody have this problem??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by Smithtown chevy that they won’t give a courtesy car until they have it for a day and figure out the problem. How does that make sense. I’ve dealt with Nissan and Acura in the past and always received a loaner on the first day. They told me it’s GM policy. Anybody have this problem??

Every dealer works different. My two local Chevy dealers don't give out loaners at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My dealer has been quite good about this in general.

They almost always offer a loaner even for simple stuff.

I guess I have a good dealer?

It is a very large mega-dealer, buick/gmc/caddy.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Redoo2000 said:

Yea I am Not surprised ,I have dealt with smithtown very vague when giving info , tell you everything you want to hear then change everything when you go to sign , I Walked out after they made changes when I went to sign , totally Danced around prices never could nail down the real number with the sales man , On long island there is atlantic auto group with owns 80% of the dealerships ,then smithtown and paul conti ,and only if your good negotiator will you get a good deal ,

Its too exhausting ! I went up to new Rochelle Chevrolet gave me a great deal and all of incentives right off the bat in the parking lot  , 

I ended LTZ  with LTZ plus ,sticker 51,600 for 46000 out the door after taxes , I am sure if I haggled I might have did a little better , but no one on long island could get close to this price even for a LT all star package,  Shopped for 2 Months, first car I ever felt no buyers  remorse after leaving 

Courtesy loaners are not required by GM -- it is "recommended" by GM but is up to each dealer.  And even then they only need to do it for warranty work that keeps the vehicle overnight.

With that being said it just makes good business sense to provide one.  I would find another dealer ...

Loaners are usually given by GM if the truck is getting warranty work that will take over a day to complete. Some dealers offer loaners as a courtesy for day use but this isn't common practice, and is usually limited on a first come first serve basis. Some "Higher End" dealers (Mercedes/Lexus/Tesla) will even offer home vehicle pick-up and drop off. 

My dealer is great about loners. I just dropped of my truck this evening so they could have it on Friday all day. No problem giving me a loner to take home bring back when truck is ready next day. And they always give very nice cars and trucks.

Archived