Anyone happy with their leveled truck?

My truck has leveling keys turned all the way down, shock extenders, and kryptonite upper control arms and it still rides like shit, what's the next step? I kind of find it hard to believe new shocks would change the ride that much... I'm starting to think oversized tires might help but my truck only has 700 miles on it.... just looking to see others opinions or what you have done to your leveled truck to make yourself happy with it...

29 minutes ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

I leveled my truck 2" with the Rough Country lower spacers. The ride quality is unchanged. On my '13, I used the upper aluminum pucks, and the ride suffered.

You have a half ton...

49 minutes ago, six6six said:

My truck has leveling keys turned all the way down, shock extenders, and kryptonite upper control arms and it still rides like shit, what's the next step? I kind of find it hard to believe new shocks would change the ride that much... I'm starting to think oversized tires might help but my truck only has 700 miles on it.... just looking to see others opinions or what you have done to your leveled truck to make yourself happy with it...

Did you leave the rear stock?

The front has to be cranked pretty damn high for their to be a bad ride.

I hate to see guys spend lots of money on leveling kits and such, so much easier and cheaper to start with cranking bars and work your way up from there.

Any pics of the truck? What I really want to seeing the front CV (axles) angles.

Yes Bilstein or better yet Fox shocks will help. You will still need to run the spacers on the Bilstein.

6 hours ago, six6six said:

what do you mean "rides like shit"?  What are you comparing it too?  I have my truck leveled with 2.25" keys and a 2" Block in the back, so not really leveled, just lifted up a bit and it seems to ride good for a 3/4 ton truck.  Its brand new and I am coming from an 03 cummins 3/4 ton though.  Which wheels and tires do you have on her?   I have the 18" duratracs on mine from the factory so maybe that makes a difference.

023292e2-4da8-4ab1-a517-4deaa973e96f_zps

I "leveled" my 2500 with a set of McGaughy's drop shackles in the back and it is far and away much better than stock both in ride and function.  Doesn't look like a cat in heat, nor is it nearly as much of a PITA to get in and out of the back end.  And I also run the recommended air pressures from BFG's load pressure chart for the KO2 tires (next size larger than stock) that are on it for the load that is on the pickup.  The PSI's on the door jam are for if the pickup is at max GVWR, not empty.  Typically run the PSI around 50 front and rear when empty. Much better ride and better handling. Far less wheel hop on the rough country roads I frequent and better tire wear.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:38 PM, SierraHD17 said:

Cranked my stock keys and it sits with 1" height difference front to back... doesn't ride any different than when it was totally stock so yeah..  I'm happy.  Cheapest mod I ever did..  Lol. Wheel alignment and 28 bucks for shock extenders.

Exact same here! I cranked mine 7 turns, and raised the front 1.5". Still rides great! 

On 11/1/2017 at 4:37 PM, six6six said:

How much did you drive it when it was completely stock? Just curious what kind of ride you're expecting from an empty 2500HD.....

On 11/3/2017 at 6:06 AM, Cowpie said:

I "leveled" my 2500 with a set of McGaughy's drop shackles in the back and it is far and away much better than stock both in ride and function.  Doesn't look like a cat in heat, nor is it nearly as much of a PITA to get in and out of the back end.  And I also run the recommended air pressures from BFG's load pressure chart for the KO2 tires (next size larger than stock) that are on it for the load that is on the pickup.  The PSI's on the door jam are for if the pickup is at max GVWR, not empty.  Typically run the PSI around 50 front and rear when empty. Much better ride and better handling. Far less wheel hop on the rough country roads I frequent and better tire wear.

I agree completely about the tire PSI. I run 50 F/R on mine too, when empty. Much better ride and tire wear than what GM recommends. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys I suck at keeping up with the internet. Anyway I'll try to answer everyone's questions.... I had the leveling kit put on at like 230 miles (trail master 2.5" keys), then control arms at around 600 miles... currently the truck has 0.5" sag from rear to front, and the shop said they can't go any lower with those keys installed... I obviously didn't drive this one much before I had the leveling kit installed but this isn't my first 2500hd either... I still have my 04 2500hd with 302k miles on it, stock keys cranked almost all the way up to level it and it rides better then the '17 I think... anyway here's some pictures to give you guys an idea of how it sits

54brm9.jpg2vudf2e.jpgxlvyhd.jpg2ilt03.jpg

Archived