SEMA Concept -- Silverado Performance

sk

Hood is cool but unfortunately can pretty much buy all that stuff yourself right now for way less than you could from them. Unless they fully warrantied the SC. I don't know why all their truck concepts are so neutered. Manual AWD 6.2 SC Reg cab would be sweet! 

Trying to go fast in a truck vs car will never make sense to me, but this thing is still going to get yanked by real performance trucks. That power is embarrassing for what this will cost and its expectations set. Shades of old GM. Needs a 6.2 with a blower to be considered performance anything in this day and age.

People always say it needs to be reg cab short bed. I'm assuming so it is the lightest version.  I hear that as "needs to be a car with 1,000+ lbs less weight to begin with" if we are going to save weight. Buddy put 20k into a Gen 2 Lightning with every part you could think of. Was cool. Ran mid 11s like my cam/stall GTO for "not 20k into it". I don't think the unique novelty of "performance" trucks ever pays off, but thats just me. 

15 hours ago, Epsilon Plus said:

Trying to go fast in a truck vs car will never make sense to me, but this thing is still going to get yanked by real performance trucks. That power is embarrassing for what this will cost and its expectations set. Shades of old GM. Needs a 6.2 with a blower to be considered performance anything in this day and age.

People always say it needs to be reg cab short bed. I'm assuming so it is the lightest version.  I hear that as "needs to be a car with 1,000+ lbs less weight to begin with" if we are going to save weight. Buddy put 20k into a Gen 2 Lightning with every part you could think of. Was cool. Ran mid 11s like my cam/stall GTO for "not 20k into it". I don't think the unique novelty of "performance" trucks ever pays off, but thats just me. 

I dont think most people with performance trucks are that dumb.

I think it’s more like, they need to drive a truck, and making that truck perform better is the only thing they can do to have more fun while they are driving it.

Archived