Had 2016 Sierra one week and already in the shop - help

Long story short, 

I bought a beautiful 2016 crew cab Sierra all terrain last week, 20k miles and GM certified with all warranties from a GMC dealer in VA about 3 hours from my house(deal was good for truck I’ve been searching for). 

A few days ago, I was driving to work(babying the truck) and the transmission made an awful noise, it down shifted and would not let me go above 30-35 mph. And it was driving very sluggish, lights were everywhere on the dashboard and it was flashing “stabilitrack”. I was driving on a highway going about 50, wasn’t raining. I had to pull the truck over, it had trouble going from gear to gear. I had it towed to my nearest GMC dealer, and on the tow truck I noticed all of my lights were flickering as well. They got it to GMC and it’s still having same issues but they are having trouble narrowing it down. 

Anyone have a clue what could be wrong? It’s a little discouraging but I have faith that they’ll get it figured out and fixed correctly. No prior issues except for a rear window issue on the gm records. 

I had that problem with my last truck when the battery went dead. I thought I had it charged enough to run to the parts store but I couldn't get it above 30 mph and the dash looked like a lit Christmas tree. Transmission didn't shift out of 2nd and the shift was hard.

Hope it's something that simple. Sometimes when the ECU doesn't get the power it needs, it does strange things... computers.

The electrical problems some of GM products have don’t show up too much on this website. Some have been solved by tightening a loose ground. I don’t want to sound like an a hole, there’s got to be a good reason a person would trade in a year old truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reasons or variables as to why somebody ditches a 1yr old vehicle are probably close to 1 million or so?  I know somebody who bought a truck and never bothered to see if it would fit in their garage?  Loose a Job and their goes your truck?  Dude, I work with just sold a used Silverado with 60-70K miles single cab BEAUTIFUL Nothing wrong at all because he wanted a PRIUS?  Get my point?  Get it figured out under warranty and you will be just fine!  Make sure to use the warranty!

The man who traded the truck in, was in the Navy AMD deployed to the Middle East for a year and did not want his truck sitting, so his dealership offered to buy it back from him for what he owed when he asked to store it there. I am friends with someone who works at the dealership and he verified the story and said this guy buys a new truck from them every year or two. 

Truck is clean as a whip, fully loaded, all records from GMC show regularly serviced and small issues that were unrelated. 

The average depreciation on a new truck is between 15-20k. Iv bough many vehicles for 10-12 K discounts new and kept them 2 years in a garage with almost no miles put on and still been upside down for a few thousand. So to buy a year old truck would be many thousands off on the trade in to resell at a profit. Otherwise the buyer would just by new, I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about it too much until the dealership can't figure out the problem. You are still under warranty and things happen all the time at the weirdest times. I bought my truck used with 1500 miles and was 9 months old. 

So today’s update... 

the dealership can not figure out or recreate this issue. But because it’s so serious and a safety issue(truck pretty much shut off going 50-60mph on a highway) they have given me a loaner and are going to keep it until they figure it out, and are going to bring in GMs engineers to try and help. If they are unable to find or fix anything, they have said they will but the truck back from me. 

Archived