Sold my Sierra. It was nice, but the issues were starting to make me a grump. Got me something new to play with.

Front Brakes (driver side) went out at 16k miles.

A/C went out at 32k miles.

Running Boards cracked on both sides.

Battery died after getting A/C fixed.

Vibration issue (blamed on tires/balancing... yeah, right).

Thanks for the memories. Onto newer and faster :thumbs:

430i.jpeg

Front Brakes (driver side) went out at 16k miles.
A/C went out at 32k miles.
Running Boards cracked on both sides.
Battery died after getting A/C fixed.
Vibration issue (blamed on tires/balancing... yeah, right).

Thanks for the memories. Onto newer and faster :thumbs:

430i.thumb.jpeg.4ca6cc41b3dd180e1190b650eba091ce.jpeg

Enjoy the ride, nothing else rides like a bmw. but don’t keep it past the warranty unless you enjoy large repair bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Bushleaguechew said:

Enjoy the ride, nothing else rides like a bmw. but don’t keep it past the warranty unless you enjoy large repair bills.

Thank you! The drive home was sublime. :D 

And I'll definitely keep that in mind, haha.

I bought my two BMW's used.  One CPO with 36k and one about 8yrs old with 100k on it.  Both stick.  Never had "issues" with my BMW's.  They had a lot of maintenance items due to age, but they were great build quality.  I love hearing about all these big repair bills and how they break....  My '14 Silverado that I bought NEW has had more issues than both BMW's combined.  My BMW's were awesome cars.  The big repair bills come from idiots that take the thing into the dealer and have them do everything they suggest. Although the newer BMW tech does scare me away a bit... start stop, 4cyl etc. 

I bought my two BMW's used.  One CPO with 36k and one about 8yrs old with 100k on it.  Both stick.  Never had "issues" with my BMW's.  They had a lot of maintenance items due to age, but they were great build quality.  I love hearing about all these big repair bills and how they break....  My '14 Silverado that I bought NEW has had more issues than both BMW's combined.  My BMW's were awesome cars.  The big repair bills come from idiots that take the thing into the dealer and have them do everything they suggest. Although the newer BMW tech does scare me away a bit... start stop, 4cyl etc. 

I try to stay ahead of the game, I finally bought a Camry. Never thought I do that. Still have my 25 year old Chevy, the good old days.

1 hour ago, FL335i said:

Agree, it's an old witche's tale that will be around forever. While I don't have a BMW car, I do have their S1000RR sport bike and the same is said in the bike world. Good luck with the service bills lol. Ya my service bills (once a year oil changes) are not different than my Kawasaki ZX10.  Anyways, just saying I agree with you.

Good luck with your car!  I tried the car, van, Suburban route but always came back to a pickup!  We are fortunate that we don,t have to be a one vehicle couple otherwise I would probably be on a SUV forum!

10 hours ago, Bushleaguechew said:

If you mean vague, lacking feel, soft suspension, but comfy, yes you’d be correct.

bmw’s are no fun to drive anymore (except M) cadillac and mercedes have taken their place as the luxury car that likes to be driven.

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

Good luck with your car!  I tried the car, van, Suburban route but always came back to a pickup!  We are fortunate that we don,t have to be a one vehicle couple otherwise I would probably be on a SUV forum!

ya I also don't have to rely on a one car family as  I have the 2015 Colorado , a 2014 equinox all wheel drive for the winters and two sweet hot rods for the summer drives, a sweet 1940 Plymouth coupe all Chevy drive-line and a sweet 65 Austin Healey ?cobra  built at classic roadsters of Fargo north Dakota  also all Chevy drive line always dependable ,and blast to drive

IMAG1363.jpg

Having the same issues with my 14 sierra. Outstanding BMW!! I do have to say from first hand experience that the repair bills will creep up on you with the BMW. Shocked that I couldnt even repair my own battery without having to take it to the dealership to get it "programmed". Oil pan is now leaking, along with brakes and AC that went out. This is on a CPO 2013 3 series convertible BTW... We prolly just got into a bad streak with repairs on it, just miss being able to do the work myself. 

I didn’t necessarily mean they have a habit of breaking down. Every car model and brand have their own problems, but the German cars tend to have higher maintenance requirements, and any routine work usually involves a hell of a lot of disassembly labor just to get to the part in question. Not to mention special tools, software locks, etc.

I guess it’s the price you pay for performance

Congrats on the purchase! I will say however the BMW is surely gonna need a ton of attention make sure you do not stick to the factory maintenance schedule unless you want those huge repair bills for leaks and such.

ENJOY!

Archived