Rough country Lift Kit

Anyone familiar with the 3.5” lift? It looks like a glorified level kit with UCA’s? Looking for a mild lift. I still tow. Don’t want to cut the frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Waaazooo said:

Anyone familiar with the 3.5” lift? It looks like a glorified level kit with UCA’s? Looking for a mild lift. I still tow. Don’t want to cut the frame

That is exactly what it is.

It also reduces your turning radius.

Just level it and be done, if you are not happy you can bring the front end down a little or cut and install lift.

That is exactly what it is.

It also reduces your turning radius.

Just level it and be done, if you are not happy you can bring the front end down a little or cut and install lift.

I didn’t like the ride of my neighbors 2500. He cranked his keys up 2” he said. Rides like a deuce and a half.

Personally I wouldn't tow with a lift kit, especially a rough country.  Stock suspension is designed to hold the load of a trailer and these cheap lifts can mess with geometry.  Is it going on your 2017?

The geometry doesn’t really change.. that’s not my worry. The horizontal pull isn’t much different going up 1 in in the rear. Changing the equalizer can create a greater variation of trailer/hitch angle.

I see the issue if I was going up 4-7”. Good looking out though. But yes, go on a 2017. The issue of it being rough country is less of a liability than the rancho shocks IMO.

Archived