So, like a dumbass I let a residential electrician try and hook up my new led Lightbar system. Well after he blew several fuses and actually melted a wire I made him stop. I'll figure out the lights by myself (usually do anyhow), but after he did whatever he did I no longer have dash lights at all, my heater and ac lights no longer come on either. Warning lights still work, and so does my message display. I've checked all fuses and they're good. Could it be a relay or something? I do alot of night driving and really need my lights back on. Any help or suggestions will definitely be tried. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, corey hendricks said:

Yes, checked both. Going in today to check about possible relay probs. Hoping that's it

read intheburbs post, he may have it right. have seen it happen before

Completely replaced the dinner switch and that whole cluster.. still a no go. Could it be just a completely fried wire leading to the terminal. Just curious cause I'm about to try and replace the whole instrument panel.    What are thoughts on that??? Thank y'll for all the help. It's beyond appreciated

13 hours ago, corey hendricks said:

Completely replaced the dinner switch and that whole cluster.. still a no go. Could it be just a completely fried wire leading to the terminal. Just curious cause I'm about to try and replace the whole instrument panel.    What are thoughts on that??? Thank y'll for all the help. It's beyond appreciated

Do you have an aftermarket radio in your vehicle? Is it Automatic HVAC?

I can help you figure this out. I do all our electrical work at the dealership.

One thing I like to use is a Fuse buddy to tell me how many volts I have passing through the fuse. You can do the same thing with a multimeter with amps but you risk blowing the fuse.

http://amzn.to/2yVYsx6

Cluster.gif

Archived