Location of sub in 2017 LT w/Bose system

So i just read thru a number of posts here that had mention of adding or checking factory sub with and without the BOSE systems.

I have a 2017 LT Z71 front doors have the Bose emblem on the speaker grills.. i do no have anything under the back seats, i dont have the full center console, i have the split bench seat that folds down for arm rest and console.

Is there a code i can look at in the glove box that would indicate if there is a sub somewhere? If i truly have the BOSE system, is there always an amp for the system? If so can i use that to power a sub(if no factory one exists)

Id like to add a sub for some bass in the truck, just dont want to get something that may not work or that i already have and could use.. 

I think most of the time when they have the Bose system the sub is typically under the center console. Given you don't have the full console it may be just behind the dash where the flip down cup holders are. Just a thought. And there should be an amp on that system and it's a crap-shoot as to where the heck they found to stash that thing. 

Not to be an ass but if your read through any of the numerous sub install threads you would have your answer. But anyway if you have a console with bucket seats and not bench seats you have a sub under your console if your door speakers say bose on them. The amp for all speakers is behind the rear seat that you would need to remove to access it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

So there are flip down cup holders on the dash somewhere? I thought i knew my truck, but didnt know that was there or should be there.. Ill have to find time to literally look around the inside of the truck for stuff.. 

If it has the sub, are we talking earth moving bass? or just enough thump to hear, but not to feel?

1 minute ago, wildlyfe200 said:

Not to be an ass but if your read through any of the numerous sub install threads you would have your answer. But anyway if you have a console with bucket seats and not bench seats you have a sub under your console if your door speakers say bose on them. The amp for all speakers is behind the rear seat that you would need to remove to access it.

thats why im asking, most of the posts had full center consoles.. and it was clear, but i dont have that, so wanted to know where to look.. and if its upfront somewhere, then i would have never looked there.

18 minutes ago, cubangt said:

So there are flip down cup holders on the dash somewhere? I thought i knew my truck, but didnt know that was there or should be there.. Ill have to find time to literally look around the inside of the truck for stuff.. 

If it has the sub, are we talking earth moving bass? or just enough thump to hear, but not to feel?

It's definitely nothing impressive on bass.  Probably just enough to hear, def won't feel too much w/o going aftermarket.

thats why im asking, most of the posts had full center consoles.. and it was clear, but i dont have that, so wanted to know where to look.. and if its upfront somewhere, then i would have never looked there.

Split bench means no sub. You have the 6 speaker bose system there is no sub. The amp is in the same place though. You need to add an amplifer/sub with line out converter(LC2i) from the front speakers do not use the rear they are basically mid bass only fronts get the full signal.

44 minutes ago, cubangt said:

So i just read thru a number of posts here that had mention of adding or checking factory sub with and without the BOSE systems.

I have a 2017 LT Z71 front doors have the Bose emblem on the speaker grills.. i do no have anything under the back seats, i dont have the full center console, i have the split bench seat that folds down for arm rest and console.

Is there a code i can look at in the glove box that would indicate if there is a sub somewhere? If i truly have the BOSE system, is there always an amp for the system? If so can i use that to power a sub(if no factory one exists)

Id like to add a sub for some bass in the truck, just dont want to get something that may not work or that i already have and could use.. 

Bose split bench has no sub.  Bose with console has sub, under the console. 

Archived