Has anyone installed a BDS 2-3" coil over conversion kit?

I have a 2016 HD2500 crew cab WT, 6.0 liter gas engine, and 6 1/2' bed.  It has stock 18" steel rims.  I'm debating on purchasing a BDS 2-3" coil over conversion kit.  It seems to be of high quality and gives the truck nice road manners.  I haven't been able find any info on installing 17' x 9" aftermarket rims.  I called the tech support folks at BDS, and they would only reference the 20" x 9" rims, as stated on their website.  Is there anyone out there that might know of a successful BDS 2-3" coil over conversion installation implementing an aftermarket 17" rim?  Or..........even an 18" rim?  If so, what was the back spacing on the rims?  I welcome your comments and info.  Thanks in advance!  *Forgot to mention tires sorry.....I'll probably use 33" to 35" x 11.50's or 12.50's.  I just prefer the 17" or maybe 18" rim.

Thank you very much 8lugmafia for the link.  I really appreciate the info.  Wish I could get info regarding installing this kit with 17" x 9" or 18" x 9" rims.  Every installation I've found uses expensive 20" rims, and more expensive 20" tires.

41 minutes ago, baddiesel said:

Thank you very much 8lugmafia for the link.  I really appreciate the info.  Wish I could get info regarding installing this kit with 17" x 9" or 18" x 9" rims.  Every installation I've found uses expensive 20" rims, and more expensive 20" tires.

While you shouldn't quote me on it, I don't see why running 18s would be a problem. Just gotta make sure they clear the caliper and any other components that fit inside the wheel. The backspacing will be important though

1 hour ago, 8lugmafia said:

While you shouldn't quote me on it, I don't see why running 18s would be a problem. Just gotta make sure they clear the caliper and any other components that fit inside the wheel. The backspacing will be important though

17in. wheels clear the calipers.

Almost funny the guy says he wants to avoid 20in. wheels as they are expensive yet will drop 4k on a coil over kit that is not needed...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SMiller said:

17in. wheels clear the calipers.

Almost funny the guy says he wants to avoid 20in. wheels as they are expensive yet will drop 4k on a coil over kit that is not needed...

It's so expensive. Almost 5k before install

It's so expensive. Almost 5k before install

That’s his point. You’re dropping 5k on an unneeded lift/level....stressing that your tires are going to be $50 more on each corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Waaazooo said:

That’s his point. You’re dropping 5k on an unneeded lift/level....stressing that your tires are going to be $50 more on each corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I'm confirming

if you want a leveled truck and but dont want the unpracticality of a lifted truck, I would undoubtedly get this kit. it came out about 2 months after I dumped 2 grand into leveling my truck. I would love to install this kit on my truck because I dont want my truck any higher then a leveled truck and you also get awesome performance of the coil over front end. 

4 hours ago, KMGZ400 said:

if you want a leveled truck and but dont want the unpracticality of a lifted truck, I would undoubtedly get this kit. it came out about 2 months after I dumped 2 grand into leveling my truck. I would love to install this kit on my truck because I dont want my truck any higher then a leveled truck and you also get awesome performance of the coil over front end. 

I would install a Cognito 4in. lift cranked down to 3in. with no rear blocks for the same money.

It is one cool kit though!

Edited by SMiller

• 2 years later...

Just had this kit put on 2019 GMC 2500.  With the factory 18" wheels, used 0.5" spacer to clear the suspension - still shows minor rubbing.  Looked into a larger spacer, but would be losing too much stud length if going any wider. Am in the market for new wheels now.  

As for ride - difference is night and day. Have a heavy aftermarket bumper and guard on front, and cannot get the nose to drop when slamming on breaks, feels strong, not stiff. So far very satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, WT Axis said:

Just had this kit put on 2019 GMC 2500.  With the factory 18" wheels, used 0.5" spacer to clear the suspension - still shows minor rubbing.  Looked into a larger spacer, but would be losing too much stud length if going any wider. Am in the market for new wheels now.  

As for ride - difference is night and day. Have a heavy aftermarket bumper and guard on front, and cannot get the nose to drop when slamming on breaks, feels strong, not stiff. So far very satisfied.

Tire size you're running....or planning to run with new wheels?