2019 GMC Sierra Caught On Film Wearing Next To Nothing

Zane

23 hours ago, Black Denali Canada said:

They are doing embossed / raised lettering in the tailgate. Similar to the old retro pickups.

“GMC” and “CHEVROLET” ...

I truly hope that you're terribly wrong.

All the efforts to design a good looking truck would be down the drain.

I liked the elegance of the later designs.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I truly hope that you're terribly wrong.
All the efforts to design a good looking truck would be down the drain.
I liked the elegance of the later designs.

so long
j-ten-ner

Have another look at the photos. This raised area is the embossed GMC. We are probably seeing the GMC because people may think it’s the ford oval. If the Chevy tailgate was spotted you would see the larger Chevrolet raised logo.

I can say with very good certainty that they will have this feature unfortunately.

All I can hope is that maybe the previous gen tailgate will fit and work with the lines for people who don’t like the raised lettering.

6189f9d703c93878e78dc9e18a494170.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya!! Ps that photo above is the new tailgate [emoji48]

Ugh.... When is the next redesign? May need to update my 16 to an 18 so I can hold out until the next redesign. Just because others do it doesn't make it right.

21 hours ago, Black Denali Canada said:

a93b671e4265007782c8d6d202063dab.jpg

Kinda like this ?

Uh...?  Inside source?  SEMA truck?  Are you a wizard?!?!  LOL.  That looks waayyyyy too...correct...like its possibly the actual tailgate?

6 minutes ago, Black Denali Canada said:

Yes wizard and yes it’s the actual tailgate

Nice.  I just noticed like two or three posts up where you said it was the gate.  Me likey the tailgate mucho!  Amazing to see how much that camo still hides, even though they have been spotted with less and less. 

1 hour ago, juscuzram said:

It's the new fad...

Funny you say new fad, yet GM used to banner "CHEVROLET" across the tailgates on GMT-400 trucks, and some lower trim GMT-800 trucks.  What's old is new again rather?  I love though that they just plain stamp it right into the sheetmetal instead of those old aluminum ones or even giant decals they did back then. 

10 minutes ago, newdude said:

Funny you say new fad, yet GM used to banner "CHEVROLET" across the tailgates on GMT-400 trucks, and some lower trim GMT-800 trucks.  What's old is new again rather?  I love though that they just plain stamp it right into the sheetmetal instead of those old aluminum ones or even giant decals they did back then. 

Good point. This was my first ride. Big giant aluminum banner across the back with GMC on it. GMC was also stamped into the tailgate under it. You can even see my mom's old OBS (I guess it would have been a NBS at the time haha) under the carport with the big "Chevrolet" across the back.

full.jpg

48 minutes ago, juscuzram said:

Good point. This was my first ride. Big giant aluminum banner across the back with GMC on it. GMC was also stamped into the tailgate under it. You can even see my mom's old OBS (I guess it would have been a NBS at the time haha) under the carport with the big "Chevrolet" across the back.

I think with GM doing this on the 2019's, they almost have grounds to do it because of their history in doing it.  I think even on old Chevy and GMC trucks in the 1950s and 1960s they had the logos embossed right in the tailgates. 

89114_Rear_3-4_Web.JPG

0701cct_05_z+1966_chevy_c_10+.jpg

f07b784f052a52756a8ade53b5fc356f.jpg

1955-1959-chevy-truck-8.jpg

Not a fan of it. I have owned the last 4 gen gm trucks. But I have seen this one naked and it is a copy of the Ford. they are pushing lines and size to "look impressive" Cars and truck are too aggressive looking vs. really having power and Clean easy lines. AKA new corvette. Just my two cents. I will see what the end of the gen offers............................... 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:34 AM, 2Speed said:

Bed height looks to have increased. The rear window looks tiny, but it may be because the bed looks so huge. The swept up rear windows makes it look like a large Colorado / Canyon.  I like the door mounted mirrors, more truck-like. They still have that stupid bug catcher gap at the top of the grille. 

The only real question I have is, does it have freakin' rear a/c vents!

YES

Archived