Need Some Educated Advice After a Boo Boo

I was doing an oil change on my 2016 Silverado 2500 and had a 4x4 block on top of my jack pad.  Had a jack stand under the drivers side crossmember/wishbone area for safety.  Bottom line is the 4x4 got spit out forwards and the truck crashed down the 3.5 inches and the jack stand saved it but it put a medium sized dent in my crossmember near the anchor point of the forward leg of the wishbone.  I was not under the truck and it sure made a lot of noise.  Everything else was ok.  Had alignment checked and a small issue with toe was corrected.  QUESTION......My normal high end craftsmen are telling me the dent should not be heated and the dent should not be pulled out because of the "high strength steel" composition of the frame.  Anyone have first hand knowledge of this?  The thing drives fine but I am the type of person who wants things right.  PLEASE no lectures about jacking, safety, etc.  This is my first slip up in 50 years so I don't want to go there...........What say you GM techs or other qualified folks?  Thanks.......

Frame weld procedures are listed in the 'upfitter' guides if you want to cut it out and replace. 

I think I'd leave it as it is. 

They weld them all day every day in the frame plant.

Archived