2015 vs 2018 25HD Build & Price

Hmmm....

Seems you got to pay a separate fee for Remote Start on a SLT and the Rear Bed Lighting as well.

Which was part of my 2015 25HD SLT package.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/174-2015-2016-2017-2018-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-25003500-hd/

http://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra-2500hd-pickup-truck/build-and-price.html#/summary

Price  : $275

Remote Start Kit - For vehicles with Keyless Entry (AOO), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (UJM), 6-Speed Transmission (MW7 or MYD) and 315 MHz Frequency (XL7). Includes 2 Fobs. By pressing a button on the key fob, the Remote Start system starts your parked vehicle. Great for pre-warming or pre-cooling your vehicle. Seamlessly integrated with your vehicle's anti-theft and remote keyless entry systems. Not compatible with OnStar RemoteLink system.

Price  : $135
Add an extra element of convenience to your Sierra with Perimeter Bed Lighting. With just the flip of a switch in the cabin, the pickup bed becomes lit, so you can confidently secure and remove cargo when it's dark or in minimal light.

Back  in 2008 my Silverado LTZ came with remote start and  my 2016 High Country also got the remote start as part of that trim. I know the companies watch the competition and possibly Ford or Dodge charges extra for remote start because I know when I sold Fords in 2010 the high trim models did not have remote start. The 2010 Ford Escapes even went back to drum brakes in the rear only because their competition had stuck with drum brakes in the rear. It was embarrassing when a customer came in with an older Escape with disc brakes all around and asks why the new ones went back to drum brakes . I had to tell them this story how the companies try to keep costs in line with the competition. 

According to the online order guide, for 2018: 

Remote start is standard on a 2500 'SLT. 

Optional and only available as part of a package on SLE. (ror PCM - SLE preferred or rpo PEH - SLE ppreferred plus)

LED Bed perimeter lighting is standard on SLT and on SLE, optional on base sierra.

(of course all trims get he centre mounted cargo light)

The LED lights are optional on all trims of silverado.

Remote start is standard on LTZ and HC, optional on LT.

when I ordered my 2018 I wanted some things and not others . annoyed me that some options I wanted were only available in a package with other stuff I didn't want . told the salesman I would actually be spending more money on the truck if I could pick just the options I wanted . said it didn't work that way . day after I got it I went and got it tinted for $180 instead of way more at the factory .

18 hours ago, Rvduck said:

Back  in 2008 my Silverado LTZ came with remote start and  my 2016 High Country also got the remote start as part of that trim. I know the companies watch the competition and possibly Ford or Dodge charges extra for remote start because I know when I sold Fords in 2010 the high trim models did not have remote start. The 2010 Ford Escapes even went back to drum brakes in the rear only because their competition had stuck with drum brakes in the rear. It was embarrassing when a customer came in with an older Escape with disc brakes all around and asks why the new ones went back to drum brakes . I had to tell them this story how the companies try to keep costs in line with the competition. 

this sounds like the 07+ trucks and their rear vents.  ( which had none , but model before it had it ) 

4 hours ago, magic marouke said:

when I ordered my 2018 I wanted some things and not others . annoyed me that some options I wanted were only available in a package with other stuff I didn't want . told the salesman I would actually be spending more money on the truck if I could pick just the options I wanted . said it didn't work that way . day after I got it I went and got it tinted for $180 instead of way more at the factory .

Can't even get front windows tinted from factory anyways.

what happened. before you could order a truck with the options you wanted. now you have to order packages with a lot of stuff you pay for and never use. this drives the price up. one of my friends father used to preach to us youngsters that some day a pickup would cost $50000. we told him he was crazy. I bought a brand new 73  3/4 ton for $3000 with the sales tax and this tear I bought a 17 hd gas and it was almost $40000.  my wages didn't go up 14 times. do they call this progress. the best truck I owned was a 94 2500 light duty. you didn't need running boards , could get in and out with no hassle. tailgate was at a height that you could lift something in without killing yourself. rode way better than my new one. got 18 mpg back then. wish I would have bought 2 of them and put one away till now , would be a lot happier. instead I have to put up with a monster truck. have to lift stuff over you head in the box. crawl up the running boards to get in. find a step ladder to check the oil. people, do we really want this. maybe we should drive our existing trucks till they die. when sales go way down maybe the manufactures will wake up.  enough venting, hope some one high up at gm reads this and kicks one of the engineers in the rear and wakes him up. don't follow the other manufacturers and go back to the old trucks that were livable.

That has been my major complaint for quite a while now... having to get packages to get an item.  Or if you want a particular item, you lose 18 others because you can't have that item if you have another item that could only be had as part of a package.    Just for the heck of it, a few days ago I went on Chevy's site to spec out a 2018 3500 just to see what was available and what the cost would be.  Ended up being frustrated and glad that I am not in the market for another truck now and hope I won't be for quite some time.

11 hours ago, bobsiding said:

what happened. before you could order a truck with the options you wanted. now you have to order packages with a lot of stuff you pay for and never use. this drives the price up. one of my friends father used to preach to us youngsters that some day a pickup would cost $50000. we told him he was crazy. I bought a brand new 73  3/4 ton for $3000 with the sales tax and this tear I bought a 17 hd gas and it was almost $40000.  my wages didn't go up 14 times. do they call this progress. the best truck I owned was a 94 2500 light duty. you didn't need running boards , could get in and out with no hassle. tailgate was at a height that you could lift something in without killing yourself. rode way better than my new one. got 18 mpg back then. wish I would have bought 2 of them and put one away till now , would be a lot happier. instead I have to put up with a monster truck. have to lift stuff over you head in the box. crawl up the running boards to get in. find a step ladder to check the oil. people, do we really want this. maybe we should drive our existing trucks till they die. when sales go way down maybe the manufactures will wake up.  enough venting, hope some one high up at gm reads this and kicks one of the engineers in the rear and wakes him up. don't follow the other manufacturers and go back to the old trucks that were livable.

Like you my all time favorite truck and I have had a TON of trucks was my '94 2500 4x4 454 NV4500 4.10, wish I could find another one.

That has been my major complaint for quite a while now... having to get packages to get an item.  Or if you want a particular item, you lose 18 others because you can't have that item if you have another item that could only be had as part of a package.    Just for the heck of it, a few days ago I went on Chevy's site to spec out a 2018 3500 just to see what was available and what the cost would be.  Ended up being frustrated and glad that I am not in the market for another truck now and hope I won't be for quite some time.
I did the same thing...options are really limited, basically you buy a base model (wt, ls, lt, etc.) and pick a package. They offer a few other add on accessories, but it's really limited.

My one old neighbor used to buy new vans, he would strip them clear down to save money...he even figured out the interior light was an option and deleted that to save $20 at that time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I bought a WT just because it enabled me to pay the difference on my trade on my credit card instead of having a payment.  Sometimes, I wish I had a little nicer truck, but I never wish for a nicer truck hard enough that I would give up not having a payment!

I bought a WT just because it enabled me to pay the difference on my trade on my credit card instead of having a payment.  Sometimes, I wish I had a little nicer truck, but I never wish for a nicer truck hard enough that I would give up not having a payment!
Mine is essentially an upgraded WT...nothing wrong with that, less things to cause grief.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived