Transmission starting to Slip?

2014 Sierra- 46K miles

Last two days I've experienced a possible issues with the transmission that is starting to worry me. The transmission seems to be slipping, maybe? Dunno.  Last nigh I backed out the garage to take the trash can out and left truck running for just over a minute. When I pulled back in, I felt what I would call a slip. Its not the slack in the drive line like when you go from forward to reverse and have that slight "clunk". I am in the driveway so not on the gas hard at all. Just enough to get the truck moving back into the garage and it felt like the rear tires were slipping on a patch of mud or oil then gained traction again a very short distance later. Maybe one tire rotation if I had to guess...This morning Im getting gas and as I pull off from the pump I feel the same slip feeling as I did last night. There were no loud noises or vibrations during this happening. The shift into drive from park seemed to operate normally on both occasions. 

Has anyone had this happen or can point me in the direction of whats possible going on? I know diagnosing these trucks can be like figuring out what a woman is thinking in their head at times. I will make an appointment with the dealer but Id like to educate myself a little more if possible before they try and pull their typical "THATS NORMAL" bullshit answer.

If you happen to see the rpm's periodically bounce more than 200 rpm's while driving and feel a clunk, it's most likely a torque converter. Maybe because the fluid was cold, I wouldn't stress it until you can really notice it consistently IMO

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, EPIC CAJUN said:

2014 Sierra- 46K miles

Last two days I've experienced a possible issues with the transmission that is starting to worry me. The transmission seems to be slipping, maybe? Dunno.  Last nigh I backed out the garage to take the trash can out and left truck running for just over a minute. When I pulled back in, I felt what I would call a slip. Its not the slack in the drive line like when you go from forward to reverse and have that slight "clunk". I am in the driveway so not on the gas hard at all. Just enough to get the truck moving back into the garage and it felt like the rear tires were slipping on a patch of mud or oil then gained traction again a very short distance later. Maybe one tire rotation if I had to guess...This morning Im getting gas and as I pull off from the pump I feel the same slip feeling as I did last night. There were no loud noises or vibrations during this happening. The shift into drive from park seemed to operate normally on both occasions. 

Has anyone had this happen or can point me in the direction of whats possible going on? I know diagnosing these trucks can be like figuring out what a woman is thinking in their head at times. I will make an appointment with the dealer but Id like to educate myself a little more if possible before they try and pull their typical "THATS NORMAL" bullshit answer.

Brother my 2014 Ltz Silverado 1500  tranny went out at 52,000 on my way back from a trip to Virginia I was pissed GM took care of it and said the cause was due to the transmission fluid pump failing, they did take care of it though..

Guess Ill hold out a little longer and pay close attention to how its driving/shifting/revs for now. 

I forget off hand what the standard power train warranty is on these trucks but I have the extended 65K LDS warranty so I have some time if shes on her way out. I already used it once for the A/C issues these trucks have. 

Archived