Truck tool box help

I need to purchase a tool box for a 16 Sierra 4x4

What do I need to know when purchasing one ?

Does one size fit all?

9190cda5627f04dcb0924db428db9d62.jpgc7f61f2173af5fbf1e60b3f5767fd647.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

there are a million options, you need to figure out what kind you like first. I suggest going to a location with a lot of trucks in the lot and browsing what people have and see it for yourself. Go to the local home depot or lowes or other building supply place.

Every manufacturer will give you dimensions or tell you what models it fits on their website.

Also keep in mind if you plan to use it with a tonneau cover or not. You need to do the research here. nobody knows what will work best for you.

My local tractor supply has a large selection of nice looking ones, multiple colors as well.  You would be able to compare different boxes and designs there as well.  
Going by tractor supply and Lowes tomorrow as see what they got. I have a budget of $300.

You get what you pay for. When I looked at a local shop there was a black deezee one for around 5-600 and a weather guard for around 1000. Opened the lid of the weathergaurd and was sold. Felt a difference in the overall strength of the lid and weight. Couldn’t be happier with my weatherguard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kyleorsini said:

You get what you pay for. When I looked at a local shop there was a black deezee one for around 5-600 and a weather guard for around 1000. Opened the lid of the weathergaurd and was sold. Felt a difference in the overall strength of the lid and weight. Couldn’t be happier with my weatherguard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree check on craiglist for used ones as well. the kobalt boxes at lowes are junk. I've had a couple of them over the years and they never last. Weatherguard is some of the best you can get. they are around $500 at home depot

Check out a local aluminum fabrication shop.  I have two within a 50 mile radius of me that build excellent truck boxes.  They will also custom build one to your specifications or tweak one off the shelf.   There is no comparison to the aluminum truck boxes from these places to the ones from retailers like Lowes.

i went with this box i was sick of having to replace shocks and locks with the weatherguard boxes. the rigid's lid opens no problem and locks in place (no shocks), and i remember reading somewhere that they are made by knaack. after looking at the video the new model has a shock mine doesn't.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-48-in-x-24-in-Universal-Storage-Chest-48R-OS/300748574

21 hours ago, MY164X4 said:

Going by tractor supply and Lowes tomorrow as see what they got. I have a budget of $300.

Only a couple options, all should be roughly the same size.  I'd check the lock for a better/heavy duty lock instead of the cheap cabinet style.

Options are:

Low profile/high profile box

Diamond plated chrome, aluminum or black metal

Archived