Cadillac Offers $5,000 Bounty On Stinkin' Lincolns

Gorehamj

navigator 18.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

11-8-2017

Cadillac dealers are offering owners of Lincoln vehicles $5,000 if they trade up to a Cadillac Escalade. Bloomberg confirmed the bounty program according to the Detroit News.  The dealer memo obtained by Bloomberg says that the special offer applies to either a new purchase or a lease of an Escalade.

navigator interior.jpg

The program is intended to maintain market share in light of the new Lincoln Navigator launch. Escalades are still selling at the same rate they were a year ago. Cadillac sells about 3,000 Escalade and ESVs combined each month. However, like all luxury vehicles, the Escalade, which starts at about $74K, is a vehicle that usually sees a sales spike in the December timeframe. It is no secret that although the Escalade is a relatively low-volume vehicle for GM, it is a very high-profit one.

The all-new 2018 Lincoln Navigator features a 450 hp, twin-turbocharged V6 engine (that many will recognize as the Ford EcoBoost found in the top-trims of the F-150).

Images show the new Lincoln Navigator. 

I have sat in the Lincoln, and I have sat in Cadillacs, and several other GM cars.  GM cars are uncomfortable, ungodly uncomfortable.   I bought a Mustang instead of a Camaro because I could not stand the Camaro seats, and visibility.   The Camaro was awful!    Although I have been a long time GM owner, and never owned anything but GM, I would rather buy a Lincoln for this reason only. 

Archived