New GoodYear Wrangler DuraTracs Today

I purchased 4 GoodYear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires today in the OEM size on my truck - 275/55R20.

At 20,000 miles I didn't like the look of the SRA's for the upcoming Ohio winter.  Here are some photos.

FYI - I drive my truck about 6,000 - 7,000 miles per year.

GMC 1.JPG

GMC 2.JPG

GMC 3.JPG

GMC 4.JPG

GMC 5.JPG

i just got mine on monday and so far i love them. by tomorrow night ill have about 1000km on them.
ive taken them around the city, to the cottage, through some thick mud atv trails and through some water...so far so good!

VERY interested. I️ can get a decent deal here locally on those, looking to go 275/60/20 tho, so slightly larger than stock.

I drive mainly around town and occasional highway trips. Worried about ‘hum’. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These Duratracs are not very noisy to me for an aggressive tread tire.

These trucks are very quiet to begin with.  I read many posts the 275/60R20 would fit but decided to stay stock.

You may encounter some rub on the front tires with the carpeted liner for the inner fender.  This can be easily resolved by tying it back.  Also your speedometer will not read accurately.  This I read can also be corrected.

Good luck with your choice.

Aaron - It goes very well.  I consider the little extra tire noise not a problem.  Hardly noticeable.  Truck handles fine.  Running 34lbs in tires - Non LT - 275/55R20.

Towed my John Deere X728 out to the dealer for the annual maintenance - they offer a fall special.  Truck handled it without issue.

I have a Heartland Trailer -  2,990 lb GVWR - 6.5 Ft Wide X 12 Ft Long single axle flatbed - has rails.  Nice trailer.  Axle is a Dexter Easy Lube rated for

3,500 pounds.  Trailer weighs 1,200 lbs with gate, spare tire and 5 Ft. Dee Zee 5 Ft Pad-Lock Side Mount Tool Box mounted over front rail (with gear)

and the X728 4WD Tractor with mower deck weighs in around 1,100 pounds.  Well within the capabilities of the trailer.

http://www.heartlandtrailermfg.com/Single-Axle-Utility/

https://www.deezee.com/product/padlock-side-mount-tool-box-black/

you might try them with more air pressure, 34 sounds pretty low. My factory install 18 inch Duratracs have 38 lbs recommended

Door tag on my 2017 LT 1500 midnight edition (265/65/18 duratracs) states 38lbs also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will notice the DuraTracs - hearing and feeling the difference in the tread from the SRAs.

To me the DuraTracs are a little noisier - not by any means a deal breaker as far as I am concerned.

Archived