LED brake/reverse/turn signal bar

Ok, so I've wanted one of these for a very long time. I finally got one only to find out that seeing as I have a trailer hook up with trailer brake that I don't have the required plug in. I started to just splice into the wires for that by matching colors. But I stopped part way thru. I found an adapter that takes the 7 blade plug and turns it into the 4 plug that I need. I actually saw it before I started splicing but thought it would look ugly and stick out far from the back of my truck. Upon further investigation later on I found that it won't. So do I keep with splicing or wire it back together and get the adapter??

Depends? Do you want the bar to work with a trailer hooked up? Or have to keep unplugging when you use a trailer? On my ranger, I spliced it in. If I was to do it again, I would use a plug. But since you've already started splicing, I would just finish it. And I wouldn't match colors. As factory wiring colors and the colors of the led bar may not match. Need a diagram for both and wire it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a trailer though. Truck just came with it. Truck is paid off next year. Might keep it for a few months then go get a new one with a diesel. Exact same truck just with the other motor.

I went to the local tractor supply and picked up the opposite four prong end of the light bar. I splice that into the backside of my current 7 pin.  I didn’t want to directly hardwire the bar into the truck because eventually one or two of the LEDs will die and you want to replace the entire bar  so instead of having to resplice a new one you can simply unplug the old one and plug a new one back in 

Archived