advice on windshield wipers

I have a 2016 1500 silverado I don't remember the last time iv ever replaced windshield wipers does anyone have any preferences I apply rainX to my windshield 1 a month an a lot of it like 5-8 coats of rainX it works amazing so once in a blue moon I have to use wipers are the rainX once good .? I want the best wipers out there any insight to best brand would be a huge help thanks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a 2016 1500 silverado I don't remember the last time iv ever replaced windshield wipers does anyone have any preferences I apply rainX to my windshield 1 a month an a lot of it like 5-8 coats of rainX it works amazing so once in a blue moon I have to use wipers are the rainX once good .? I want the best wipers out there any insight to best brand would be a huge help thanks

Rain x wipers are fine. Bosch icons are the best. Keep using the rain x every time you wash the truck and your wipers will last years. I️ hardly ever use mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Bushleaguechew said:

Rain x wipers are fine. Bosch icons are the best. Keep using the rain x every time you wash the truck and your wipers will last years. I️ hardly ever use mine

I have 19k miles on my truck and they just started to streetk I use rain x every time I wash my truck and also coat the windows once a month with it and I only use rainx in the washer fluid its only when im driving slow that I need them

I have 19k miles on my truck and they just started to streetk I use rain x every time I wash my truck and also coat the windows once a month with it and I only use rainx in the washer fluid its only when im driving slow that I need them

I’m at 37k and still on my factory wipers. Ice and snow will destroy them in a heartbeat.

Anything other than the bargain bin Walmart brand is fine. Bosch are the best but at the top of the price range ~20 dollars each

I just applied rain-x, and put brand new wipers this truck for the first time. I went with Bosch Icons because others on this forum recommended them. but I learned my lesson, the stupid little "push tab" or whatever the bracket is called- make sure you pick wipers that match it. its not like the good old hook models that fit everything.

I wouldn't buy the rain-x wipers if you already apply the liquid stuff by hand.

did you say you apply 5-8 coats of rain-x? doesn't 1 coat do the trick? it does fine for me.

I bought Bosch Icons because the oem ones began to streak bad. Maybe I got a bad pair of Bosch wiper blades but I'm not happy with mine. I bought mine shortly after California "winter" so the went through summer with hardly any use and they are starting to streak. Maybe I'll give them another go or switch to Rain X.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My 14's developed a streak right where I would look through the windshield. Picked up a pair at NAPA and they did the same. Replaced them at the dealership.

I bought some Bosch icons. They are streaking after only a few months. I called them and they said the blades would be warrantied and transferred me to their warranty dept. I called and left message after message. Going on 4 weeks now. Zero responses. I reached out on twitter and still haven’t heard a response. So far it seems like they have zero customer support.... these will

probably be my last pair. 

My tight ass couldn't bring myself to buy the Icons so went with the Michelin Stealths.  Last pair lasted nearly a year so replaced with same.  Combined with a couple of coats Rain X and Rain X Bug Wash really helps keep windshield clear drivingin the rain.

Good information.  I'm interested in trying Rain-X and wondering if there is a downside.  I usually go with whatever wipers the dealer gives me but recently tried the Michelin's.  (I am a Michelin and Costco fan :-)  I found them noisy. I will check the brand used by my dealer as I find they work well.

Wipers do all sorts of silly things if the glass and rubber are not surgically clean and in good shape. Lot's of good wipers get pitched. My 2015 has nearly 50K on the clock and the OEM's still work just fine. I do use Rain-X water repellent but 'whatever' washer fluid as the season requires.  

Archived