Whipple 2.9 416 cnc heads 8l90 circle d 3800 build dyno on 37” stt pro sheet

Estimating it to be at 800 flywheel.  Just wanted to post this in a fresh thread since my “ordered a whipple” thread is so up and down twisting it’s hard to even read.  Dyno run attached.  7psi and the tuner most likely would have gotten about 60 more if held to 6700

3DFD0234-017C-4FAD-BE73-23AB5807C71A.bmp

Awesome man. Honestly wasn't expecting power that high on a 37" tire. That is a pretty solid number for even a stock tire size for your engine build. You would be hard pressed, if at all able to get 640rwhp out of a stock bottom L86 on a stock tire while keeping it together for more than a few pulls. I think you made the right choice building the 416. Hopefully the Circle D works well for you. 

Thanks I really have to agree coming from a destroyer of 2 stock long block l86’s.  Drive them hard and they are not nearly as reliable as the previous generation.  I guess there really is reason for me to state that there may be a piston situation with them.  Both times number one ring lands?  Rubbish 

i did an 4 hi run to 60 last night using my obd link and dash Command.  4.33 seconds!  Aiming for sub 4 seconds.  I cannot  believe nothing broke 

• 3 months later...

Archived