New (to me) 2015 LTZ Z71 arrives today - what do I need to do, know, etc?

Contento

I've finally seen the light and have come home to Chevy. My 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 4x4 5.3v8 w/~55000 on it arrives this afternoon.

midnight.jpg

This being my first Chevy truck, I'm looking for some guidance, suggestions, recommendations on the "watch out fors", "make sure you...", "don't forget to..." You know, the super secret stuff that only life-long Chevy truck owners can share. Nothing is to small or insignificant to mention here...please.

- first and foremost: IS THIS THE MIDNIGHT EDITION!? Everything I see on it and about it says it is. It wasn't listed as Midnight Edition. Am I missing something? The only thing I question is it has the Cocoa/Dune leather interior. Did that come as an option on the M.E. or did the PO build a clone?

- what type of oil do these motors like?

- can I/should I turn off AFM because, you know, power is > gas mileage

Looking forward to being a regular here. Thanks all!

32 minutes ago, Contento said:

I've finally seen the light and have come home to Chevy. My 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 4x4 5.3v8 w/~55000 on it arrives this afternoon.

midnight.jpg

This being my first Chevy truck, I'm looking for some guidance, suggestions, recommendations on the "watch out fors", "make sure you...", "don't forget to..." You know, the super secret stuff that only life-long Chevy truck owners can share. Nothing is to small or insignificant to mention here...please.

- first and foremost: IS THIS THE MIDNIGHT EDITION!? Everything I see on it and about it says it is. It wasn't listed as Midnight Edition. Am I missing something? The only thing I question is it has the Cocoa/Dune leather interior. Did that come as an option on the M.E. or did the PO build a clone?

- what type of oil do these motors like?

- can I/should I turn off AFM because, you know, power is > gas mileage

Looking forward to being a regular here. Thanks all!

I think you need to look for the RPO code for a Midnight Edition to tell whether it was from factory or whether he modded it to look like one.

I believe the RPO code you're looking for is WJP.  Should be on the door jam or glovebox I think.

Dexos approved 0W-20 for the oil.  I see tons using Mobil 1.

Drive the truck around and see if you notice the AFM at all.

For 2015s, I think the worst problem was the headlights/bulbs.  I'd look at swapping some HID's or LED's into low beam and fogs.

welcome -  IT look's like a Midnight Edition = OIL 0 - 20 - 8 qt.  seat ???? . I only seen black cloth or leather , should have line-x in the box , check RPO Codes or visit dealership ( partman )  and get a print out of your RPO codes .  MY came with Black leather , line-x, I also change ALL my lights to Led's

Just now, Donstar said:

Congratulations on your new truck!  Chances are in your favor that you will have a smooth riding vehicle.

I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy, too! And the delivery driver just confirmed no shake at all at highway speeds.

See if she is a shaker, if it is just walk away. Do not think you will easily or cheaply solve the issue on your own. I have a 2014 that could possibly be registered as a vibratory compactor, but my 2015 is silky smooth. As said before people believe it is a combination of out of spec parts that can vibrate at a certain frequency in certain cases. People believe the issue lies in the torque converter, driveshaft, axles, tires, body mounts, shocks, leaf springs and shackles. So there is no definitive cause or solution to the issue. Some fix it with a tire balance, others fix it with a driveshaft trueing, some with new shocks or upon a torque converter change. In my experience, if the bumper to bumper warranty is up and it shakes, run for the hills.  

Archived