New transmission for my 2015 Yukon XL Denali

Found out today that my 2015 Yukon XL Denali is getting a brand new transmission. We’re at 33,000 miles, purchased it pre-certified from a GM Dealership less than a year ago. I’m not convinced the previous owner never heard the noise, but it makes a a clunking noise when accelerating from a stop. Not every time, but frequently enough, however it took 3 visits to the dealership for them to finally hear the clunking. Apparently there is a bulletin that fits my exact problem, and the fix is a brand new transmission. Has anyone else experienced this? 

I had a '15 Denali and the trans was problematic the entire time till I traded it. Trans had been out 2 times for torque converter and then stator shaft. Never shifted right. Always confused. Traded to a '17 and it is definitely improved and has different programming. Hopefully your new trans comes with the new programming and improvements.  Good luck

My 2015 Sierra has had transmission for shifting issues since i bought it from Bob Fish spring of 2016. It has not left me on the side of the road so I've just made a call to see if there was a recall, they said they had not seen this as a problem at their dealership. I just received a letter from a law firm asking about my Transmission, so I guess I'm not the only one.

I made a appointment to get it in, I have put a little over 40,000 miles and I don't want this to become an issue when the warranty if gone. 

Any advise would be great.

Archived