Just bought a 2000 GMC Sierra K2500(has a plow). So I had no problems driving home and it sat overnight and when i went to drive it today it was spraying and leaking gas like crazy from underneath the bed... and now its leaking oil in the front... wth just my luck. It wasnt leaking or anything as it sat overnight at all but once i started it today this all happened. any words of advice??

Probably a busted fuel line.  Once you started it the next morning it put pressure through the lines from the pump pushing the gas out.  Check out all the lines and see where they rotted or broke.  I thought that they used stainless lines.  

Fuel tank is on the driver's side, between the frame.  It could be that the steel ring that holds down the fuel pump on top of the tank has rusted and let the pump top spring up.  You'll need to drop the tank or remove the bed ( 8 bolts ).  If the top has popped up, careful with any sparks.   There lines are rubber between the fuel tank and steel lines. 

gotta be 2 different problems....

on the gas, it could be as someone suggested that the pump has worked loose and is just bobbin' around in the fuel.  If you didn't fill it up until you got close to home, that could be the issue (did you drive it home with less than 1/2 a tank and then filled it up?)...

If someone changed the fuel pump recently, they may not have tightened the fuel lines well (they should be hex nut fittings).  You gotta get under the truck and find the spot.   Do it with a fire extinguisher on hand, and a water hose too for good measure.  This will not be a serious problem.  Please post back what you find if you will.

Power steering leak would be my first guess on the oil up front.  High pressure hose... be sure the reservoir is full on the power steering pump and start the truck and watch while someone steers it back and forth.

Dan

Archived