2017 Silverado Park Assist Sensors when cold

Anyone else having issues with parking sensors on these trucks when cold -15 C. 

Everytime I start the thing the alarms go off when I put in Drive. Then the system disables itseft. Nothing in front of me all the sensors clean and dry. Took to the dealer they found nothing. Went to pick up from dealer and it’s doing it again. Service says bring it back another day. Today it warmed up to -5 C and they are working again. What gives?

I had problems with mine during rain and a day after the rain. I took it in to the dealer and they said they couldn't find anything wrong. A few days later I washed the truck and had the same problem so back to the dealer it went. This time they replaced the 2 front left sensors. so far so good. Take a pic of the DIC when it happens, show the pics to the service adviser or shop foreman. 

Not entirely sure of the weather where you are, however, I’m in Minnesota, and my sensors are fairly useless during the winter with all the snow and slush that get kicked up on the bumper. When they defrost it’s fine, but as soon as they freeze up again, they’re done for.

It could be a dry cold day hasn’t snowed for days. Truck is clean not a bit of snow on it. It seams that it’s just the cold weather that is effecting it. Today it is -5 C and the roads are slushy and they are working fine. We have a Ford Edge with parking sensors and never had a issue with them. It’s not like parking sensors haven’t been around for awhile. I hope they can be fixed, they are handy to have when working right. 

• 1 month later...

I have a 17 silverado ltz. Its a month old. The passenger side just starts beeping for no reason. I wiped the sensors off and it still makes noise with nothing there. It is around 8 degrees here though with negative windchills. I hope i dont have to take it to get looked at but its definitely not working correctly in the cold weather

The system resets every time you restart the vehicle.

The only way they can be found to fault is if they fail when the dealer has it or if you take it to the dealer while they are inop.

Just don't shut off the truck.

I figured it was the cold. I wiped the sensors off and it still ramdomly gives a solid beep on the front passenger side. My point is people who live in cold climates shouldnt have to turn it off every time we go somewhere in the winter. I would rather not have the feature at all if it isnt going to properly work.

Anyone else having issues with parking sensors on these trucks when cold -15 C. 
Everytime I start the thing the alarms go off when I put in Drive. Then the system disables itseft. Nothing in front of me all the sensors clean and dry. Took to the dealer they found nothing. Went to pick up from dealer and it’s doing it again. Service says bring it back another day. Today it warmed up to -5 C and they are working again. What gives?

I own a 2017 GMC SLT All Terrain, when it snows and gets cold they don’t work. Has happened on my 2011 ,2014,and now the 2017. I would hope GMC would fix this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk