05 Denali 6.0 gasket replacement, anything else for maint?

Hi all, I have a recently purchased 05 denali xl with the 6.0.  I broke the oil pressure sending unit upon replacement, and am planning on replacing the intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets as I am removing the intake manifold and have gunk buildup around the valve covers.  Motor has 265k miles on it, runs great.  Wondering while I am in this deep if there is anything else I should consider?  Thanks all!

I would probably clean the throttle body. Other than that, not a whole lot else that could be done unless you wanted to change the plugs and wires since you're gonna be taking the coils off to change the valve cover gaskets.

5 minutes ago, Swimmer8366 said:

Knock sensors

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

+1, since the intake will be off, change the along with the sensor harness.  You might consider the cam position sensor while you have good access to it.  It's right next to the oil pressure sender.

That's a great Idea. I don't know why I didn't think about that. I would pull the plugs and see if they look rusted. If they didn't look rusted I would put some silicone around the plugs just to keep the water from getting to them. Can't believe I didn't think about that. lol So use to working on the newer trucks where the knock sensors are not under the manifold anymore.

Even if you put the new sensors and boots on I would still put silicone around the boots. I was looking to see if the harness was on amazon and they actually have a Kit with both sensors for less than you can buy the harness for lol.

http://amzn.to/2i75clv

Yes, I actually picked up knock sensors and harness from ebay pretty dang cheap, really impressed with the plug wires I received from the bay as well, great price and look quality.  I guess I would rather just get it all done in one swoop while I am in there, don't mind spending money on parts if they will eventually need it anyways.  I will check into the cam position sensor while I am there.  

Archived