2017 Custom 1500 - keyless entry question

Hello,

I recently got a 2017 Silverado Custom 1500 and was wondering if keyless entry is something i should have received at purchase. The truck was paired with one when i test drove it but when i received it i expected to have it but realized i only received two keys. i was curious if anyone else has this model and if it came with keyless entry or not.

Thanks everyone!

Keyless entry is not standard equipment on the custom trim package.  It is optional.  Could check your RPO codes believe it is AQQ for keyless entry.  Check out this website will tell you what is standard on your truck and what is optional equipment. Hope this helps.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/silverado/2017.tab3.html

Is the truck you test drove not the same one you purchased?  If your truck had this feature when you took it for a test drive then this is obviously an oversight.  Go back to the dealer and get your key fobs.  I am surprised that they would still sell trucks without remote entry and lock.

The build and price option on the chevy website says the Custom includes all LS features and it shows the LS having Remote Keyless Entry. There is a convenience package which i dont have. 

Yes, I purchased the same exact truck that I test drove. I tried confronting my dealership about it and they said "no because its a work truck model" but they could price it for me, which they never did. and its not a WT.

I'm just confused on whether i was actually supposed to receive on or not. With this cold weather coming my locks have already been freezing up on me so i need to get a key fob, i just dont want to have to pay for it if i was supposed to get one when i purchased the truck.

Captureddd.JPG

Captureddddd.JPG

2 hours ago, Alex Campomizzi said:

The build and price option on the chevy website says the Custom includes all LS features and it shows the LS having Remote Keyless Entry. There is a convenience package which i dont have. 

Yes, I purchased the same exact truck that I test drove. I tried confronting my dealership about it and they said "no because its a work truck model" but they could price it for me, which they never did. and its not a WT.

I'm just confused on whether i was actually supposed to receive on or not. With this cold weather coming my locks have already been freezing up on me so i need to get a key fob, i just dont want to have to pay for it if i was supposed to get one when i purchased the truck.

Captureddd.JPG

Captureddddd.JPG

According to the build and price sheet you posted it looks like you would have to have the custom convenience package to have remote keyless entry.  That goes along with what I posted from the GM website, says you need to have the convenience package to have keyless entry.

5 hours ago, Donstar said:

Check your manual for the gm customer support number.  If you had keyless entry on your test drive then you should have it in your driveway.

What is the dealer up to? You should only need to say "Where's the fob we were using on the test drive?"

16 minutes ago, qwank said:

All customs have keyless entry.  go back to the dealer and tell them you didn;t get the fobs, they should give them to you.  

According to the GM website, it is part of the convenience package.  This is from GM website

Screenshot_20171112-183451.png

2 hours ago, duquephart said:

Attempt?

My bad choice of words...I will talk to my dealership, i have to stop there today anyways because they scratched up my rims during a tire rotation. (already sick of going there/the people/the service).

Archived