How to mount power switch for AFM Range?

Wouldn't it be easier to unplug and plug in the Range AFM module when you want then it would be to install a switch to turn off the OBD II port?  (Does it really run your battery down?  It doesn't on the GMT 900 trucks.  What changed?)

Edited by MaverickZ71

Wouldn't it be easier to unplug and plug in the Range AFM module when you want then it would be to install a switch to turn off the OBD II port?  (Does it really run your battery down?  It doesn't on the GMT 900 trucks.  What changed?)
Honestly I don't know. I've read multiple reports all of which are different. Some say it will run the battery down and others say it doesn't.

The switch was cheap and I figured I'd just use some of those sticky 3M velcro patches to mount it next to the actual OBD port. I also thought about running it to the side of my center console.

I'd rather not keep removing the Range device. Others have said they damaged their OBD port by constantly using it.

This is what I ordered by the way.

Tonsiki OBD 2 Cord 16 pin M/F Male to Female Right Angle Diagnostic Extension Cable with Power Switch to avoid battery drain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UR5XBMW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_HNDcAbCFKGH1Z

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• 5 years later...