Throttle Delay Eliminators

Not happy with my throttle response I was looking into these plug-in devices, such as this one from Vitesse Motorsports. I really have an issue with the prices of these things but this is acceptable if it does work.

http://www.vitesse-motorsports.com/en/products-throttle-controllers.htm

Anyone have experience with these controllers?

7 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Have you not had a tune done yet?

Yes, I run a Black Bear tune. I read somewhere they can address that in a custom tune but not confirmed.

25 minutes ago, wmgeorge64 said:

Boy do I see the liability issues with this, not only for the seller but the end user in case of an incident or accident.

I was thinking the same thing, only liability on GM's part. I was at a round-a-bout last year and had to gas on the truck to avoid being rammed in my door and the truck took a good second and a half to respond. It was very close, so close I could count the bugs splattered on the front of that semi truck.

I have read in a earlier posts where members are upset at the response when they "mash" or "hammer" or "floor"  the gas.  It makes sense to me why a hesitation may be a built in feature.  I find there is better response when you push down on the pedal at a rate that the truck rapidly accelerates without hesitating.  There are those times when instant full throttle response may be the desired outcome but I also appreciate the times when this would not be the intended message!  

12 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I have read in a earlier posts where members are upset at the response when they "mash" or "hammer" or "floor"  the gas.  It makes sense to me why a hesitation may be a built in feature.  I find there is better response when you push down on the pedal at a rate that the truck rapidly accelerates without hesitating.  There are those times when instant full throttle response may be the desired outcome but I also appreciate the times when this would not be the intended message!  

For me it is a "built in" response over the many years of driving. I often refer to an old saying, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", LOL. I guess I can live with it or try and change it, but my thought is it will be much harder to change me, and the many years of driving responses I have acquired vs changing the trucks responses.

Not getting into these situations is the best thought but crap happens and actually it happens more and more these days...

I understand GM's thought behind this delaying the throttles response to prevent driveline failure but I am the captain of my ship and not the computer. JMO

1 hour ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Have you tried the gas pedal flex mod yet?  It might help a little with the "feel" bot not the response time.  Every little bit counts.

Yes, great reply. I have done this mod and it helps a great deal but the 1 one thousand, 2 one thous... before launch is my issue. When I gotta go I want to go not just think about it and then go. :)

2 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

I thought these 'throttle delay eliminators' were build for the Ram Hemi engines and didn't work on the GM LS engines (?)

There is one brand name that does not seem to cover the Silverado but there are several manufactures who now make them. All kinda pricey for what they are.

1 hour ago, Rob L said:

Yes, great reply. I have done this mod and it helps a great deal but the 1 one thousand, 2 one thous... before launch is my issue. When I gotta go I want to go not just think about it and then go. :)

I hear ya. I’m not a fan of the reaction control on these trucks. I pulled out once when it was wet and I had to floor it to avoid an accident. Tires spun and then bogged down with the damn trac control. Floored it again, spun tires and bogged down again. I about crapped myself. Now I turn off traction control in the rain.   It’s a different story to let the tires spin and just fall on its face and not move out of the way. I’d love to get a blackbear tune but I can’t justify the money. 

Archived