Installing OEM Cab roof lights?

Hello all, 

I'm new to the forum and recently purchased a 2017 Sierra 2500 crew cab. Its an SLE that came well optioned but did not include the LED cab roof light package. I understand the older trucks had round holes under the lights which are easy to drill and install. But these newer cab lights like on my truck have a square plug which is harder to cut and makes the install more difficult. Since I'm starting with a clean slate I wondered if anyone has purchased the older style cab lights/harness and installed them on a newer truck? I believe they look similar otherwise but not sure about the wiring. I want to keep the OEM look and avoid going with anything aftermarket. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

6 hours ago, Cashflow said:

Hello all, 

I'm new to the forum and recently purchased a 2017 Sierra 2500 crew cab. Its an SLE that came well optioned but did not include the LED cab roof light package. I understand the older trucks had round holes under the lights which are easy to drill and install. But these newer cab lights like on my truck have a square plug which is harder to cut and makes the install more difficult. Since I'm starting with a clean slate I wondered if anyone has purchased the older style cab lights/harness and installed them on a newer truck? I believe they look similar otherwise but not sure about the wiring. I want to keep the OEM look and avoid going with anything aftermarket. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Welcome to this forum!  I agree with bndawgs that a search will bring up several results to discussions about roof lights. However,  I don't recall much talk about using older oem lights that require round mounting holes.  This may offer some new comments on this topic.  I think cab lights look good and would consider adding them if the install was a little easier!

• 4 months later...

Archived