Light Scratches in Plastic Door Panels

Is there a simple fix or trick to removing or hiding light scratches in the interior plastic panels on the doors and behind the seats?  Although I got a great deal on the truck, these scratches just drive me nuts!!

Please see attached pics.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

I had them "magically appear" on my 2014 and I'm not entirely sure how they got there, but I strongly suspect it was kid-induced.

Anything you do to smooth the scratch is going to remove the texturing. I think I'd leave it alone or buy a new panel. They do happen without a whole lot of effort, so I think I'd leave it be.

Is there a simple fix or trick to removing or hiding light scratches in the interior plastic panels on the doors and behind the seats?  Although I got a great deal on the truck, these scratches just drive me nuts!!

Please see attached pics.
IMG_0901.thumb.jpg.fb57563b98f314adc88657e545a39840.jpg
IMG_0902.thumb.jpg.4d2bb633609eb3b0918ca1e216578b50.jpg

What are those vents in the back of the seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heat gun, maybe? If you want to try it on the smallest spot to test... at your own risk, no guarantees. less-is-more would apply for sure. Approach the area from a distance and go slow, and don’t keep the heat in one place. Back off the instant it starts to show a change, the residual heat will finish the job.

If it works, share some pics!

M.

40 minutes ago, pmhinatl said:

Heat gun, maybe? If you want to try it on the smallest spot to test... at your own risk, no guarantees. less-is-more would apply for sure. Approach the area from a distance and go slow, and don’t keep the heat in one place. Back off the instant it starts to show a change, the residual heat will finish the job.

If it works, share some pics!

M.

I am on the same track, was thinking that or a piece of decal release paper and an iron or something. Luckily these are all in the back seat. Just ticks me off when I see them!!

Archived