2013 Sierra SLT TWO TONE Paint? Factory?

Hey all,

I am in the process of potentially buying a 2013 Sierra SLT that is a two tone white with goldish bottom. Low mileage at 44k miles. All the research I've done I cannot find where this was a factory option? It looks completely factory and I want to believe it came this way from the factory but want to be sure. Can anyone confirm if GMC offered this as an option?

Also, other than that the truck is stock from what I can see. The only other small thing was the rear shocks were Rancho RS9000XL adjustables and the fronts were silver ProComps. Is there any reason why an owner would do that (have mix match shocks)? Just seems strange to me since its a fairly low mileage truck and it came equipped with the Z71 package.

Thanks all!

5F08F735-9969-4C6C-BEAA-2290725C586C_3.jpg

5F08F735-9969-4C6C-BEAA-2290725C586C_4.jpg

121344.jpeg

121345.jpeg

your paint code is as the very bottom of the sticker in the glovebox: 8624 is Summit White.

I'm guessing someone wanted the gold two-tone effect and had that added later, hence the handwritten Dupont sticker you found. maybe they did it through the dealership, but that was likely not a factory option.

Also, the Z71 shocks are a touchy subject. Some people claim they are terrible and want to "upgrade" them. Other trucks ride for years on the factory suspension. Its all how your butt perceives the ride. If you test drove it and it feels the way you think it should, then I wouldn't worry about the shocks.

Two Tone stopped back on the GMT-800 trucks.  I think 2004 was the last year.

Someone had that done after the fact. 

The Dupont label is your lower color paint code, which is in fact a GM paint color and paint code.  RPO code GAO Gold Mist Metallic WA316N. 

Again, its a GM color, but not a factory option. 

As for the shocks, anyone's guess.  Factory Z71 shocks on those 2007-2013 trucks would be no "brand name" unless it was an All Terrain package, which had Rancho shocks. 

The DuPont sticker with the paint code isn't from the factory...If it was, it would have been on the RPO sticker in the glove box.  I don't think I've ever seen a GMT900 with a factory two tone paint job.

Thanks for the help guys! I'm very meticulous with my vehicles so I want to try and learn and know as much before making a decision. The paint was professionally done and it looks great. It's kind of neat to be a little different, without looking gawdy. I think it looks nice, but that's just me.

The shocks are a mystery but they appear to most likely be a better setup than the factory Z71 shocks? It seemed to ride just fine on my test drive. If they bother me down the road (I may never know better until that time)....I can just replace them with something nice if needed. It seems like a solid truck, rust free that was in New Mexico its whole life. The only other aftermarket gadget installed was a brake controller which seems very normal to me.

5F08F735-9969-4C6C-BEAA-2290725C586C_30.jpg

Those rear shocks are probably for increased pressure valving during towing. Z-71 was not a towing package. They are adjustable and I would keep them.

Since its been towed, I would check the Trans fluid and or last service. Typically people do NOT check it and do NOT upgrade the transmission cooler as needed for bigger and lots of Towing.  Get that transmission warrantied if possible.

Good info. This does have the max towing package according to my RPO research. So it should have the trans cooler factory etc. It's strange because it doesn't even look like the hitch has been 'used' much. But then again, that's an assumption and I'd rather assume it HAS been just to be realistic.

5F08F735-9969-4C6C-BEAA-2290725C586C_22.jpg

Archived