Wobbling Steering

Cali Bay

Question

I am trying to help my dad get his truck up and ready and we keep hitting issue after another. But main issue is that the steering becomes very senstive at 50 mph and higher. I turn the wheel no more than half an inch to move over one lane and almost turns into 2 lanes. I just got all new tires and aligment done. The aligment is great, even at 40 mph. Unfortuately, I believe that I only got the 2WD aligment instead of the alignment for 4WD. Could that make a difference?

1 answer to this question

I am trying to help my dad get his truck up and ready and we keep hitting issue after another. But main issue is that the steering becomes very senstive at 50 mph and higher. I turn the wheel no more than half an inch to move over one lane and almost turns into 2 lanes. I just got all new tires and aligment done. The aligment is great, even at 40 mph. Unfortuately, I believe that I only got the 2WD aligment instead of the alignment for 4WD. Could that make a difference?
Did it do this before the alignment? The only alignment setting that can change at speed is toe. Assuming all front end parts are within specs. Castor angle set too high can create issues, but generally will cause a shimmy at speed. It is almost impossible to set it high enough to do that though. What specs did they set your truck to? Did they give you the print out of the alignment? Also take a look at tire pressures. Would be helpful if you provided year make and model of the vehicle as well.

Sent from my KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Archived