Cheating neighbors

Mreteprm

Yeah stuff like this happens in life. I'm still waiting on a call back 2006 to pick up a one off 70 Riveria GS with a ZZ454. After I transferred  a coworker (who dealt with the customer also )may have told the seller I wasn't interested anymore and bought it himself, because that call never came after me and the seller agreed on a price. That or the old man died. 

oooooh!  Nice.  Growing up, my family had a 71 Riviera with the 455.  Loved that boat.  I was an idiot for selling it a year or two after my dad died.  Looked like this but was not the GS. 

501331-1000-0@2x.jpg?rev=2

la0217-287245_1.jpg?1486656544000

1971-Buick-Riviera-American%20Classics--

Spoiler
Spoiler

I would check your local town and state laws about adverse possession....If you have been taking care of the property for 15 years, you may have technically owned it in the first place.....

21 hours ago, Colossus said:

oooooh!  Nice.  Growing up, my family had a 71 Riviera with the 455.  Loved that boat.  I was an idiot for selling it a year or two after my dad died.  Looked like this but was not the GS. 

501331-1000-0@2x.jpg?rev=2

la0217-287245_1.jpg?1486656544000

1971-Buick-Riviera-American%20Classics--

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, it was a retired guy with a paint and body hobby. He bought the car for parts for his all original low mile 70 GS, but after realizing it was in better overall condition than his car, replaced the parts he took with OER stuff(like a fender, bumpers, hood I think), and decided to repaint it. 12 or so coats later he decided he needed to sell it(it was perfect, he painted it the dark cherry metallix that was on the 94-96 Impala SS) and actually start on his real project. He even grafted a hood scoop from a 70 Torino GT and found the ram air assembly from some other GM(it may have been a cowl induction from a Chevelle he reversed the top on, don't remember) and made it functional. The only downside was the early 90s interior restoration, with materials from early 90s GM cars(ugly and looked so dated). We agreed on 7K or so, which shocked me, but honestly they weren't worth much when I researched them. He called months later and asked if I was ready, he was finishing wetsanding it, and I told him to call back when he was 100% because I hadn't sold my other car yet, but if I hadnt I would figure sonething out. That was the last I had heard.

Archived