Yes the 6.2 Liter V8 engine consumes oil! The same in the GMC and Cadillac

I owned a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali and it had only 11k miles on it and it was burning oil.  Then we sold it and bought a 2016 Cadillac Escalade brand new and guess what it now has just over 20k and it is now burning oil.  On top of that the transmission when put in park rolls foward and tends to slip from 1st to 2nd gear.  I wish they weren't so pretty and had great seating because they are complete junk.  I never seen so many issues in my life.  The old Cadillac's were great and didn't do this in my experience.  Don't waste you money buy a Lexus or Infiniti.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Roger lake said:

I owned a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali and it had only 11k miles on it and it was burning oil.  Then we sold it and bought a 2016 Cadillac Escalade brand new and guess what it now has just over 20k and it is now burning oil.  On top of that the transmission when put in park rolls foward and tends to slip from 1st to 2nd gear.  I wish they weren't so pretty and had great seating because they are complete junk.  I never seen so many issues in my life.  The old Cadillac's were great and didn't do this in my experience.  Don't waste you money buy a Lexus or Infiniti.

Is that the reason you joined this forum?  To piss and moan for one post?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/16/2017 at 12:41 PM, Roger lake said:

So how do people who cannot spell or use correct grammar, or learn how to apply a parking brake for that matter, get to a station in life where they can afford new Denalis and Escalades year after year?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MaverickZ71 said:

So how do people who cannot spell or use correct grammar, or learn how to apply a parking brake for that matter, get to a station in life where they can afford new Denalis and Escalades year after year?

Never understood that myself.

Me and the brother in-law have a saying "There not like that at work"

The garage is full of junk, cluttered up mess, the car is never washed etc.

Go figure.

:happysad:

3 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Life is far too short to worry about stupid little non-impotant things like spelling and grammar. 

Edited by Colossus

My father didn’t get pass 8th grade, I’m sure his spelling wasn’t too great. He still managed to own a few business and became a millionaire and had a few caddy’s and Lincoln’s. I don’t think he worried too much about spelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Buy a Lexus? I just spent the last five years owning a LS460 "flagship" Lexus vehicle. Absolutely babied it and maintained it like no ones business. When I reached "high mileage" that thing burned through four quarts of oil in a 6,000 mile oil change. The interior fell apart, the suspension was a disaster - changed almost every component on that front end and it still sounded like rocks. The brake actuator was on its way out (a common $3,000 dollar repair on those cars). The thing would burn through tires every 30,000 miles, nothing you could do to prevent it...the suspension never could be aligned right. Hesitation issues, oil leaks at the high pressure fuel pumps, water pumps, melting dashboards, valve spring recall, many other major recalls.

And that was GREAT car compared to most. All cars and trucks will have problems, lots of them. Keep them clean, take care of them and don't drive them like it's your last day on earth. Makes a big difference.

Edited by Doublebase

On 11/16/2017 at 1:41 PM, Roger lake said:

It is great to hear such a glowing report on how much you love the 6.2 . And thanks for the tip to stay away from Lexus and Infiniti. If you ever stop loving your 6.2 feel free to report back with post 2 .

On 11/16/2017 at 1:41 PM, Roger lake said:

The only reason burning oil is bad is because for the last 100 years it’s been a sign of a bad ring seal. In these motors it’s coming through the valve train as a leak because of the afm. It’s not a big deal.

if you wish to stop it almost comletely, stop using the recommended 0w-20 oil. Use 5w30, which is what the camaro and corvette use, and their motors are internally identical to ours.

57 minutes ago, emeryz28 said:

Have to laugh at this, my neighbor has had 3 transmissions put in her Infiniti Q(something)

then Lexus....HA  wont even go there

Yup, my neighbor had the big Nissan Armada Brand New 2nd day being towed from his driveway after it spilled all it's coolant on driveway.....Never know what your going to get?

I had a 94 Z28 and a 99 F-150 use a quart every 2500 miles from new. I sold the Z 7 years later with 130K still using the same amount. The Ford at 20K miles I added a Vortec S/C. Three years at 120K I traded in still use the same amount even with 5lbs of boost. Both manufacturers said the were in acceptable limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does not matter what brand someone buys; they're all junk. Just a roll of the dice if you get a good unit or not.

Case and point. Pap's had 2 identical Savana vans. Both were treated and maintained the same. One got to 720,000km's on the original drive train. Only wear items were repaired/replaced. The other one made it to 460,000km's. Differential blew up, transmission had major repairs on several occasions. Chewed through tires for some reason, regardless of alignment.