F150 calling?

Trip after trip to the service dept for my 2016 5.3. Think I'm over 20 visits in a year and a half. The list of issues goes on and on. Started it up this morning and had a service 4wd message and my 4wd won't engage. I keep making excuses why I should keep this troubled truck, but I think this might be the last straw at 19k miles.

Seriously thinking of taking my truck once it's fixed and driving it next door to the Ford dealer and driving home a 2018 F150 crew 3.5 L eco.

Somebody tell me I'm making a stupid mistake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the same boat as you and actually was online building an F150 to check prices. Right now its 0% for 72 if you don't buy it outright. 

Kinda funny cause I keep making excuses myself, like its almost paid off, it looks awesome and people always compliment it, however it was in the dealership 28 separate times in 2016, multiple days each time, once was 18 days. And this year is slightly better at 12 times. However its burning about 1.5qrts ever 1,000 miles now. 

Tundra is hit or miss on style preference, however imo their reliability is outstanding and maybe worth checking out as well, I am starting to look at them as well as F150

You are not making a mistake.  You need to be happy with what you are driving.  But don't limit it to Ford.  Go drive the others as well before you decide. 
I live in the rust belt. Dodge rams last about 3 years before the rust out. Toyota is dated, expensive and gets terrible mpg, Nissan is too new on the design cycle for me. Ford is the only one I consider an option.

We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow this weekend and it's the opening day of deer season. I just really hope I don't get stuck without 4wd and need my neighbor to pull me out with his F150. I'll never hear the end of it....

5 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow this weekend and it's the opening day of deer season. I just really hope I don't get stuck without 4wd and need my neighbor to pull me out with his F150. I'll never hear the end of it....

LOL, Subaru in the snow. couple inches is cake walk!

I have my truck and my Forester, i can tackle anything.

Why not Lemon Law your current vehicle instead of taking a trade loss. Check the Lemon Law for your state and hire a Lemon Law attorney in your area who will get paid as part of the settlement, no up front money in most states.
Yeah I looked at that, and it might qualify, but not sure I want the hassle of the process.

1 hour ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I live in the rust belt. Dodge rams last about 3 years before the rust out. Toyota is dated, expensive and gets terrible mpg, Nissan is too new on the design cycle for me. Ford is the only one I consider an option.

But Nissan had 8 years to perfect the new design!  You will have chance of issue with anything.  If you like everything except the reliability of your Chevy/GMC, perhaps you could get a good trade-in to a different/newer model that would most likely not have the issues you are experiencing.

If you have owned several GM trucks, and they all gave you that mediocre service, then I would jump ship. One truck should not condemn the entire production run. I personally can't stand Ford's styling, and their preference using small V6 boosted engines. If you only keep them for the warranty period, then they can be worth the gamble. RAM is dull, boring, and worst ever reliability since FIAT took over. Toyota is the most overrated truck out there. While they may edge out many makes with reliability, the 11 year old platform with bloated styling, cheap interior,  and major inefficiency is unforgiveable.

Archived