2017 Silverado Z71 Front Bumper - Question

Hello all, I am new to the forum so please forgive me for any mistakes made. 

I am trying to switch out this lower front bumper piece with the chrome skid plate for an all plastic or whatever material that is. I don't want to paint the chrome either..

Chevy parts says I can't order the piece that comes with the lower trim models.. 

Stuck what to do here... Suggestions anyone?!

Thank you. 

RADO.jpg

• 3 months later...

That chrome piece is just a piece of plastic covering the part Siren referenced. I haven’t been able to find a black replacement, either. It doesn’t look too bad with the chrome piece removed but I’m looking for a darker black. I might just give in and paint it. :-/

That chrome piece is just a piece of plastic covering the part Siren referenced. I haven’t been able to find a black replacement, either. It doesn’t look too bad with the chrome piece removed but I’m looking for a darker black. I might just give in and paint it. :-/

You happen to have a photo of what it looks like with just the chrome piece removed? I’ve considered trying that, but worry I wouldn’t be able to get it back on if it looked like garbage. It’s the only thing I don’t like about the front of my truck.

On 3/11/2018 at 6:07 PM, Annhl8rX said:

You happen to have a photo of what it looks like with just the chrome piece removed? I’ve considered trying that, but worry I wouldn’t be able to get it back on if it looked like garbage. It’s the only thing I don’t like about the front of my truck.

I plan on having my chrome mustache vinyl wrapped this weekend. I can snap a pic for you when it is removed.

IMG_0174.jpg

On 3/11/2018 at 7:07 PM, Annhl8rX said:

Sorry, I didn't take a photo when I had it off. But I got it figured out! I had bought the part Siren referenced from a local dealership only to figure out what I posted above. When I returned it, the parts guy helped me find what I was looking for and they had it in stock. It's the one off the midnight/black out/rally 1 editions. The part # is 84029800. It's a bit expensive at $300 (+$75 refundable core charge) but I decided to pony up the money so I don't have to worry  about repainting/rewrapping it later down the road if I went that route. Especially since that piece takes a lot of rocks on the road and scrapes brush when off-roading. It's easy to get that chrome piece off and back on if you want to see how it looks underneath. It just clips in. No screws. While I thought it looked better without the chrome, it still wasn't quite right which is why I still ended up buying the midnight edition one.

20180314_125756.jpg

Sorry, I didn't take a photo when I had it off. But I got it figured out! I had bought the part Siren referenced from a local dealership only to figure out what I posted above. When I returned it, the parts guy helped me find what I was looking for and they had it in stock. It's the one off the midnight/black out/rally 1 editions. The part # is 84029800. It's a bit expensive at $300 (+$75 refundable core charge) but I decided to pony up the money so I don't have to worry  about repainting/rewrapping it later down the road if I went that route. Especially since that piece takes a lot of rocks on the road and scrapes brush when off-roading. It's easy to get that chrome piece off and back on if you want to see how it looks underneath. It just clips in. No screws. While I thought it looked better without the chrome, it still wasn't quite right which is why I still ended up buying the midnight edition one.

20180314_125756.thumb.jpg.d74400eb98892083c7e13b61eda68489.jpg

That’s what I’d like, but I don’t like that price. I need to see if somebody locally would want to trade for my chrome one.

I also like your bowtie on the grille. Did you buy that? Plasti Dip?

4 hours ago, Annhl8rX said:

That’s what I’d like, but I don’t like that price. I need to see if somebody locally would want to trade for my chrome one.

I also like your bowtie on the grille. Did you buy that? Plasti Dip?

Yeah the price sucks just to do away with the chrome piece. I have a buddy that I was thinking about swapping with his all black one but he didn't have the tow hooks so no cutouts for them and I didn't want to mangle it cutting them out myself. I prolly shoulda tried it anyway in attempt to save the money. He still wants my chrome one so I'll let you know if I think you could make his work when we swap it out (maybe tonight). I might be able to hook you up. :-)

I plasti-dipped the bowtie with black and clear coat. Turned out pretty good but it already has a small tear in the plasti-dip after only a few months so will prolly have to redo it before too long.

Yeah the price sucks just to do away with the chrome piece. I have a buddy that I was thinking about swapping with his all black one but he didn't have the tow hooks so no cutouts for them and I didn't want to mangle it cutting them out myself. I prolly shoulda tried it anyway in attempt to save the money. He still wants my chrome one so I'll let you know if I think you could make his work when we swap it out (maybe tonight). I might be able to hook you up. :-)
I plasti-dipped the bowtie with black and clear coat. Turned out pretty good but it already has a small tear in the plasti-dip after only a few months so will prolly have to redo it before too long.

Yeah...after seeing how Platsti Dip held up in the interior of my Jeep I’m in no hurry to put on the outside of anything.

Archived