Bose vs Kicker which sounds better?

JB Z71

Which sounds better the Bose stereo or the regular one with the 1000 amp and kicker subwoofer combo? Does the Bose have at least a small subwoofer?

Define sound better.

The kicker will have more bass. The bose will sound clearer and cleaner overall, with less bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bose speakers will provide better sound quality, be clearer, and have a little more power than the regular factory speakers. The bose system does have a subwoofer that is mounted under the center console that provides decent bass. But the kicker woofers will provide way more punch if that’s what you’re looking for. I miss my pair of kicker comp 10’s that I had under the back seat of my ‘03 z71. You could really feel the music. With my ‘17 I’m more interested in having the storage space under the rear seat and letting the bose woofer do its thing. It’s adequate, nothing more. 

The bose speakers will provide better sound quality, be clearer, and have a little more power than the regular factory speakers. The bose system does have a subwoofer that is mounted under the center console that provides decent bass. But the kicker woofers will provide way more punch if that’s what you’re looking for. I miss my pair of kicker comp 10’s that I had under the back seat of my ‘03 z71. You could really feel the music. With my ‘17 I’m more interested in having the storage space under the rear seat and letting the bose woofer do its thing. It’s adequate, nothing more. 
I couldn't imagine a sub woofer under the center console. Doesn't that thing vibrate to hell?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I couldn't imagine a sub woofer under the center console. Doesn't that thing vibrate to hell?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

It’s a factory subwoofer man. It’s not like it’s a 12” JL with 500 watts pushing it.

Here’s the the Bose sub. It’s all of about 6 inches. This was under my center console until I removed the console and replaced it with a jump seat. Now it sits under the back seat. I tried it without the sub for a while but it sounds like crap without it, so I had to find a new home for it. I don’t care about the underseat storage because there’s always a car seat buckled back there and I can left the seat up. I’d rather have a better one back there but my wife says that I would just be acting like a kid if I did that and I just don’t care enough to have that battle. 

96690294-223C-4BEF-9361-FB6376EF05D5.thumb.jpeg.c75195992864be65abe434b3508c8452.jpeg

DE19DA0D-B76F-4CE6-9452-C16C56AF81DC.thumb.jpeg.39561e22bc51eadfd09f013b85378881.jpeg

1 hour ago, Loco-diablo said:

DC with Bose do not have a subwoofer.

you sure about that?

I'm hitting some pretty low frequencies in my DC, I'd be shocked if there wasn't one.

Very happy with my factory bose FYI, I've had soooooo many systems over the years. Not touching my factory setup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nickel7 said:

Here’s the the Bose sub. It’s all of about 6 inches. This was under my center console until I removed the console and replaced it with a jump seat. Now it sits under the back seat. I tried it without the sub for a while but it sounds like crap without it, so I had to find a new home for it. I don’t care about the underseat storage because there’s always a car seat buckled back there and I can left the seat up. I’d rather have a better one back there but my wife says that I would just be acting like a kid if I did that and I just don’t care enough to have that battle. 

DE19DA0D-B76F-4CE6-9452-C16C56AF81DC.thumb.jpeg.39561e22bc51eadfd09f013b85378881.jpeg

That's actually a pretty nice looking factory woofer, first time I've seen a picture of it. Looks like it's capable of some pretty serious excursion.

27 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

you sure about that?

I'm hitting some pretty low frequencies in my DC, I'd be shocked if there wasn't one.

Very happy with my factory bose FYI, I've had soooooo many systems over the years. Not touching my factory setup.

Yes, you are correct. In some circumstances they do have a sub...

DC with bucket seats/console get a 7 speaker Bose (6+sub).

DC with bench seats get 6 speaker system (no sub)

Would there be much benefit, as in sound volume and clarity, with a straight swap of factory speakers to Bose speakers in the dash and door panels? Just wondering if it would make much difference without adding any other components (subwoofer, amplifier, etc). Or are the factory speakers not that bad?

3 hours ago, StealthZ71 said:

Would there be much benefit, as in sound volume and clarity, with a straight swap of factory speakers to Bose speakers in the dash and door panels? Just wondering if it would make much difference without adding any other components (subwoofer, amplifier, etc). Or are the factory speakers not that bad?

I'd say that if you're going to go through the trouble of swapping the speakers, to get ones better than bose. They're good, but not great

18 hours ago, StealthZ71 said:

The only place you would find bose speakers for your truck is out of another Silverado or Sierra. Bose doesn’t sell automotive speakers to the general consumer. It would be much easier to just go online and score some good aftermarket speakers. 

On 11/17/2017 at 11:31 AM, truckguy82 said:

you sure about that?

If you have Bose and a console you have a subwoofer.