Bose vs Kicker which sounds better?

JB Z71

2 hours ago, Bushleaguechew said:

I added a flat 12 to mine and it went from good to great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you share any details? I'm guessing the 12" doesn't fit under the console so you moved it somewhere else? Was it plug and play? 

Can you share any details? I'm guessing the 12" doesn't fit under the console so you moved it somewhere else? Was it plug and play? 

As close to plug and play as aftermarket can be. Less than half the price too. It’s not going to rattle your teeth out but it sounds like a premium factory stereo should. I spliced into the factory subwoofer lead on the back wall amplifier, super easy. Toughest part was running the power wire through the firewall. But you have to do that with the factory kicker add on as well.

2873e9bb1d513fe270116faec227230a.jpge083d8282b345dec87c434e60d377909.jpg

• Like 1

The bose is decent and I like it..... for the $600 retail option it was on my SLE double cab with a console I won't complain.  I actually went out of my way to find a truck with it because my 15 LTZ had it and it was great and it's really rare on the lot in any trim less than an SLT/LTZ.  There is a sub in the console but you honestly don't feel it do much as most of the bass punch comes from the door speakers.  

23 hours ago, Bushleaguechew said:

As close to plug and play as aftermarket can be. Less than half the price too. It’s not going to rattle your teeth out but it sounds like a premium factory stereo should. I spliced into the factory subwoofer lead on the back wall amplifier, super easy. Toughest part was running the power wire through the firewall. But you have to do that with the factory kicker add on as well.

2873e9bb1d513fe270116faec227230a.jpge083d8282b345dec87c434e60d377909.jpg

5 hours ago, Bushleaguechew said:

If you decide to do something like that let me know. I’ve got a write up I sent to another member

Is there any way you could shoot me the writeup on this?? Also, what is the Part No. and cost of the replacement sub?? If this is a reasonably priced mod I may look into getting it tackled over the holidays!

17 hours ago, youn1033 said:

Is there any way you could shoot me the writeup on this?? Also, what is the Part No. and cost of the replacement sub?? If this is a reasonably priced mod I may look into getting it tackled over the holidays!

x2. I am also interested in this if you could send me the info as well. Thanks!

• Like 1

I went with Sound Ordinance power subs. Yes subs, 2 mounted on the back wall of the cab. I still have my under seat storage and can control both subs with 1 gain knob. More than enough thump for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 2:20 PM, Bushleaguechew said:

It’s in a private message to another member I’ll try to figure out a way to add you to it. If not I’ll copy and paste the whole thing this weekend

Any update on this??

On 11/21/2017 at 10:11 AM, SCSportsman said:

Here are the pre-fab'd options I've found for direct console replacement.  Has anyone tried either of these?  I'm like the others that really don't want to give up the underseat storage.

JL Audio Stealthbox

Rodney's Boxes (Kicker)

Rodney's Boxes (Full Kit)

Any word on whether or not anyone has tried any of these? I'd love to give one a go if anyone has any additional info on them..