6.2 build default adds trailer package and stiffer ride?

JB Z71

I'm noticing that when playing with the build configurator adding the 6.2 forces you to add the trailering package which then ads the large mirrors and also a heavier duty suspension? I can live with the mirrors but I wanted a softer suspension. Is there any option? My roads are crap and I drive 99% of the time without a trailer. 

I'm noticing that when playing with the build configurator adding the 6.2 forces you to add the trailering package which then ads the large mirrors and also a heavier duty suspension? I can live with the mirrors but I wanted a softer suspension. Is there any option? My roads are crap and I drive 99% of the time without a trailer. 
That's strange. Mine has the normal mirrors and a squishy ride. Visit a dealer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You might be confusing the Z82 trailering equipment (std on SLT/LTZ) with the Max Tow package (NHT)

SLT/LTZ (and above) are required if the 6.2 is desired -- and those trims include Z82.  NHT is still optional.

Z82         Trailering equipment, includes trailer hitch, 7-pin and 4-pin connectors 

NHT         Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, 8-speed transmission with 3.42 or 6-speed transmission with 3.73, (JL1) trailer brake controller, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs and increased RGAWR

On SLE - Requires a Crew Cab or Double Cab model. Includes (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential on 2WD models (already standard on 4WD models) and Z82 Trailering Package. Requires (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (DPN) power camper mirrors. Not available with (SXL) Elevation Edition, (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package. Includes (UHN) 18" X 8.5" bright-machined aluminum wheels. Requires (RKX) 18" tires or may upgrade to (RD3) 20" bright machined aluminum wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires. 
On SLT - Requires (RKX) 18" tires or may upgrade to (RD5) 20" chrome wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires. With (L86) 6.2L engine, requires (RD5) 20" wheels with (QSS) 20" tires. Requires (DQS) power adjustable, power folding camper mirrors. Not available with (GAT) All Terrain Package and (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package.

Hey Guys, must be something with the configurator.  Tonight I tried to build a 6.2 and it would not let me have the max trailering pkg.  Perhaps it needed 20 inch wheels to enable the max trailer pkg.

On another note, guys with the mirrors, when I drove an HD with those mirrors the blind spots were huge.  Do you just get used to it if you spend most of your time not trailering?

Trailering mirrors have no blind spots if you adjust the spotter correctly.  One of the reasons I bought an NHT......

Just went and built my truck on the GMC site - works for me - 6.2L - Max Trailering - 20" wheels..........

2017 sierra 1500 - CLICK HERE

4WD SLT
Crimson Red Tintcoat
Jet Black, Perforated leather-appointed front seat trim
  $52,860 
Net Price

Once you get trailer mirrors adjusted correctly the blind spots are much less than the small mirrors.

Once you are used to trailer mirrors you won't like driving one with the small mirrors.

Not sure about the configurator, but NHT cannot be put on Denali or HC, and NHT cannot be put on a GAT or Z71 truck. 

One silverado it only goes on 1LT and 1LZ (which if you want a 6.2 means a 1LZ will be the only option)

Similarily on a sierra the NHT and L86 combo would only be available on an SLT ( and without GAT and/or Z71) 

On sierra:

NHT         Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, 8-speed transmission with 3.42 or 6-speed transmission with 3.73, (JL1) trailer brake controller, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs and increased RGAWR
SLE - Requires a Crew Cab or Double Cab model. Includes (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential on 2WD models (already standard on 4WD models) and Z82 Trailering Package. Requires (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (DPN) power camper mirrors. Not available with (SXL) Elevation Edition, (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package. Includes (UHN) 18" X 8.5" bright-machined aluminum wheels. Requires (RKX) 18" tires or may upgrade to (RD3) 20" bright machined aluminum wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires. 
SLT - Requires (RKX) 18" tires or may upgrade to (RD5) 20" chrome wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires. With (L86) 6.2L engine, requires (RD5) 20" wheels with (QSS) 20" tires. Requires (DQS) power adjustable, power folding camper mirrors. Not available with (GAT) All Terrain Package and (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package

On silverado:

NHT         Max Trailering Package, On Crew Cab and Double Cab models, includes 9.76" rear axle, (JL1) trailer brake controller, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs and increased RGAWR
1LT - Includes (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential and Z82 Trailering Package. Requires (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine and (DPN) outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper mirrors. Includes (PZX) 18" x 8.5" bright-machined aluminum wheels with (RKX) 18" tires or may upgrade to (RD4) 20" aluminum wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires. 
1LZ - With (L83) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine, requires (PZX) 18" x 8.5" aluminum wheels and (RKX) 18" tires or may upgrade to (RD2) 20" chrome wheels with either (RC7) or (QSS) 20" tires. With (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, requires (RD2) 20" chrome wheels with (QSS) 20" tires. Requires (DQS) Outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper mirrors. Not available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package.

16 minutes ago, nowicksl said:

My mistake. Forward vision left and right seemed compromised. Definitely not blind spots looking rearward. How do you find it looking forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bring up a legitimate concern.  There are situations that larger mirrors block your forward view more than the standard issue.  Also, the standard mirrors when properly adjusted,  provide good rear-view when not towing.  I would prefer to have the factory tow mirrors because I intend to pull a travel trailer.  The ability of the trailer mirrors to extend out provides superior rear visibility over the standard mirrors when towing.  I do like the looks of the tow mirrors!

Archived