So many strange electrical issues that have me at a standstill .. tried multiple fixes for the intermittent no start issue . Leaking back window is a mystery and not something I feel is due to anything I've done or not done. . Yet no fix for that unless I'm paying for it ...the mother recent attempt to fix the random starting issue was the 175 amp mega fuse ..I'll post how that goes after replacing and running a while.  Any other fixes or help toward getting thru the electrical nightmare are appreciated!  

Many wierd electrical issues can be caused by poor grounds for engine, chassis and Neg-battery cable..

Batteries that have low cell voltage may be another possible cause for strange issues..

VOM meter is your best source for detecting and fixing..

You may want to start with cleaning "all" grounds starting in engine compartment and under dash..

If your truck is in rain belt,, green connections may be easy to see..

If all fails,, I have included Fuse cheet sheet...

Cheers---K

FuseGuide.png

19 hours ago, Swimmer8366 said:

Start with checking battery than go tto ground wires if battery is good.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

These trucks are notorious for bad negative ground cables. The next time it will not start wiggle the ground cable at the negative battery. I can't tell you how many of these I have replaced. Hope this helps. 

These trucks are notorious for bad negative ground cables. The next time it will not start wiggle the ground cable at the negative battery. I can't tell you how many of these I have replaced. Hope this helps. 

I rerouted mine put a bigger ground on it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Archived