2017 Sierra reverse lights

Just curious as to what you all are using for Sierra reverse lights? I changed everything to led to keep the looks going, but unlike my old 2015 silverado... It doesn't seem like the reflectors work for the philips 921 bulbs I am using and have been using.

The reverse leds worked great in my '15 silverado, but now it seems to scatter the light so much the backup camera is basically dark and useless at night.

So that being said... What are you Sierra guys using?

I'm having a similar issue with having trouble seeing backing up.  Just bought an LED light bar for under the tail gate that should hopefully brighten things up a bit.

I work in a barn and have to unlock this gate every morning and then back up a few hundred feet down the road.  Sucks not being able to see that well out back at 5 AM.

58 minutes ago, dmorrisL86 said:

7c844c8484368644935965b158bdbc38.jpeg
I installed these in my ‘17 and am happy with them. Definitely an improvement over factory.
9096dc2a3e36bd908e9997653cd40565.jpg
Used the same brand for the license plate lights as well.

I did the exact same thing, as well as the cargo lights.

11 hours ago, dmorrisL86 said:

7c844c8484368644935965b158bdbc38.jpeg
I installed these in my ‘17 and am happy with them. Definitely an improvement over factory.
9096dc2a3e36bd908e9997653cd40565.jpg
Used the same brand for the license plate lights as well.

+1

Approx $25 at Advance Auto, plug and play. I didn't notice a large increase in light output, maybe a small improvement, but that's it.  Appearance wise, they look great. I'm still looking for something to add that isn't too complicated to install.  Def need more light output with tinted windows in the back.  The backup camera is helpful, but has a rather low quality image with halos on each side.  

• 1 year later...